Chapter 14

⚠️ Forewarning: Chapters 14 and 15 have to do with trauma. I will not go into detail, but there is allusions and mentions of rape, mental disorders (depression, anxiety, etc), and suicide. If these are touchy topics for you then I would skip these chapters. I will also place warnings before and after the parts where I kind of need to describe what's happening.

Also: Chapter is dedicated to @HarugotAlbedo and @Mahwishrizvi123 - Appreciate the support <3!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

August 31, 2017 - Batcave

Marinette POV - 

"I am going on patrol." I stare at Batman. My message was clear - with or without them I was going to go out tonight. It was up to him. He sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose.

"Fine. You're with Nightwing and Robin." He gave me one last stern look before turning to the rest of the suited-up Bats.

"Orphan, you're with Spoiler and Red Hood. Red Robin, you're with me." I clapped my hands and turned to Tikki. 

"Marinette, you know that the Black Cat has to be in use if you want to use the Ladybug miraculous." Tikki gave me a stern look. I groaned.

"Plagg, is anyone here a Potential or True Holder for your Miraculous?" I touch the ring that I currently had around my neck. 

"Your little lover boy - he could be my Holder. I won't know if he is The One until he has transformed though." I turn to Damien.

"Hey, how do you feel about being my black cat for tonight?" He rolls his eyes. 

"Sure." He holds his hand out for the ring. I unclasp the chain I had been wearing for months and hand over the ring. Part of me hopes that he ends up being the True Holder, though I doubt that it will end up being the case. 

It would be wonderful to be able to share this with my other half. To have an even deeper understanding of each other. 

"Damien Wayne, as Guardian of the Miraculous I am entrusting you with the Ring of the Black Cat, Miraculous of Destruction. Should you end up not being the True Holder you will return the ring to me after patrol. I trust you to use this Miraculous to uphold peace, and protect the innocent." I had added a bit to the whole 'I am entrusting you with this' speech after I had ended up giving Miraculi to so many people who had betrayed my trust. Never again would I use such weak-willed people.

Damien slips the ring on his hand and says the transformation words, I smile at his appearance. The ring had definitely tapped into his past, giving him a costume much more reminiscent of our days stalking concrete halls in assassin's garb. 

"Well now that that has been taken care of. Lets leave." Jason's auto tuned voice rings through the whole cave. Startling me and - surprisingly - Tim. 

I transform for the first time since I had lost my old black cat, and smile at my new outfit. 

"Must be when I get a new cat I get a new outfit as well." My costume also bore a heavy resemblance to the clothes that had filled my preteen years. 

"What should I call you Dames?" I nudge his shoulder as we walk over to the motorcycles. 

"How about Zala?" Shadow in Arabic. Perfect.

"I absolutely love it. What should my new name be? 'Cause I think it's time to retire 'Ladybug'." He thinks for a moment while he starts the cycle. 

"How about Haza Anisa?" I smile.