Headphones.

Disclaimer: I don't own Andy's Apple Farm (Video Game). I don't own the picture (cover). Or the song.

(qwertuno and SilentReadersMatter)

(Hope you enjoy.)

"My word is law. I am the man of the house and you're my child. Whatever you say or think is something I have taught or said embroidered into your mind. There is no escape."

The child sat with her headphones on the bus, words of the lady repeating their phrases over the lyrics playing through her music. Even they couldn't block out the taunting words her father said on a daily basis. With one hand supporting her head and the other on her one one flipping through the music until she found a suitable one for her mood, Isabella finally found the song she found to her liking.

'My world is burning down me- VivziePop.'

Nodding in satisfaction, Isabella's finger clicked the okay icon on the screen. The song started playing seconds later as the lyrics appeared in the screen and the bus stopped just in front of the school where she unfortunately attended her classes everyday five days on a forced week.

Getting off the bus as it stopped to pick up other people, Isabella's hands raised her hood on the hoodie so others wouldn't see her ugly face-

"Scars make people ugly. No child of mine should allow others to see the horror that is yours."

Hands feeling her cheeks, Isabella used her arm to wipe the wet marks trailing down her skin. Singing heavily, she walked toward the place she called hell. The school. The place of education.

She named it the place of unnecessary bullshit.

"My world is burning down around me
My deep despair is what surrounds me, yeah"

Isabella kept her head down pretending to be invisible. If she stayed out of trouble, then her father's beating would surely lessen over the course of incoming months. She hated when summer came. Meaning no escape and she'd be forced to stay with her family. Unlike other kids who thrived off staying school, Isabella relished the moments she stayed away from her father and the rest of her family who were just as toxic.

"Your dark decay, I feel so sad
It's black and grey, I hate you dad
You never change, You only lie
It's all the same"

Especially Louis. The golden child. He couldn't do anything wrong in their father's eyes. Isabella constantly getting blamed for his misdeeds meant even more bruises and other bad things happened in the summer holidays.

"Isabella!"

A hand placed itself on her shoulder causing Isabella to flinch violently. The other person ignored this as it was a common occurrence to their friend whenever they scared her by accident.

"Chill, chill!" Sam smiled, forcing Isabella's hood down against her will. "Only me! You weren't answering so I came over to stay hi!"

"...Hi." Isabella deadpanned, then a fake smile formed on her mouth. "Nice to see ya, Sam. Sorry about that. Music got too loud again. Head lost in the clouds, I think."

"It's fine! Fine." Sam replied cheerfully, clapping her hands and suddenly gaining a sour expression as she looked at the time. "Nearly nine in the morning. You're lucky class doesn't begin until ten. Why'd ya come in when going still have an hour left?"

Isabella went silent. Hands clutching her arms as a headphone on the right side feel onto her shoulder, negative memories began replacing, making her feel bile rise in the back of her throat.