Chapter Four

Chapter Four

"Oh my god, he's back!"

"Oh thank gods."

"Get some blankets, now!"

"Someone crank up that heat!"

I grimaced at the bright lights of the... what the fuck was this? A palace?

After I crawled out of the hole, I wasn't able to stand. My legs had fucking had it. I collapsed back to the ground and Theo had to get down and pick me up, so now I was on his back, face smashed into that thick red hair that smelled like baked bread, smoke, and some kind of fancy shampoo. Theo carried me back to what was obviously some kind of huge palace place. It was massive and spread out side to side and up into the air, colored black and gold and white. It was like something out of a storybook.

The moment we walked into the building, everyone was scrambling to do shit. Theo carried me through the palace and right back up to that goddamn room where he set me on the bed and I just sat there on the edge, staring at the floor as I tried to cope with the fact that once again, I was locked in the fucking room on the fucking bed with the fucking machine for company.

Well, that and the rest of the fucking Hades-Luciferian clan.

"Here's some blankets," Bali said, coming forward after someone had handed her a couple blankets. Theo took them and wrapped one around my shoulders and tucked it in between my knees, then threw another one on top of that. I shivered until a third blanket was added and finally I had some semblance of heat. I sighed, tugging the blankets closer and ducking my head down to hide the relief on my face.

"I'm going to grab some tea," one of the brothers said before departing from the room with two other brothers and a sister. I had no idea what he thought tea was going to do. Tea was some nasty shit.

"Feeling warmer?" Theo asked me. I grimaced, but nodded and looked down at the floor, only for my head to snap back up at the sound of a pair of massive boots thumping on the floor. I watched Hades come into the room with Lucifer right behind him. Lucifer breathed a sigh of relief the moment he saw me, but Hades looked peeved. He came forward and Theo stepped out of the way to give him space.

"I'm going to touch you," Hades said, making me glare at him, "Don't fucking bite me. I'm just going to check your vitals and make sure you didn't get frostbite out there." I said nothing as he reached out slowly and took my hand. I let him pull it toward him as he put his fingers on my wrist.

"Christ, he's fucking freezing," Hades muttered, then looked up at Theo, "Plug in the heated blanket and add it to his cocoon." Theo nodded and went to grab the blanket from the other side of the bed. Meanwhile, Hades let go of my hand and reached up to cup my head. I glared at him, and he eyed me.

"Don't you fucking dare," he warned. I gritted my teeth, resisting the urge to fucking clock him in the face as his cold hands touched my throat and jaw. He pulled down one of my eyelids and studied my eye for a moment, then took out a small pen light and shined it in my face. I cursed and jerked my head away, but he quickly caught my jaw and forced me to hold still.

"I'm just checking you over," Hades said, his voice surprisingly calm, "I'm not going to hurt you." I actually laughed at that.

"Yeah, okay, whatever," I answered. Because I still didn't trust them. So far, they were doing what Theo promised they'd do, but how long would it take?

"I want to leave," I said, earning a pointed look from Hades.

"Not right now you aren't. It's cold, scrubs don't count as real clothes, you're still weak, and honestly where the fuck do you think you're going to stay? At a hotel? With what money? Do you even have any money?" Hades asked. I glared at him. Okay, so I didn't have everything I needed.