Chapter Fourteen

Chapter Fourteen

I had no idea what the fuck happened after that.

Nothing made sense at that point.

Sometimes I'd wake up to the sound of voices around me. I'd try to open my eyes and listen to their words, but everything sounded so foreign and everything was so blurry.

To add to my deaf, dumb, and blind state, I was in agony. Every part of me was on fire and hurt. My bones felt like they were splintering, my blood felt like it was made of lava, my organs swollen like they were about to explode inside of me. No matter what I did, I was in pain. No matter what anyone did, I was in pain.

It was oddly familiar, though. Something I was unable to tell Hades and Lucy considering my tongue felt like it was swollen. I had felt this sickness before. I'd gotten it once back at the compound, but weirdly enough, I couldn't quite remember the details. Just darkness, voices, being poked and prodded. And I couldn't even begin to guess when it was. Was it during my captivity, or was it one of the times I got sick before? I couldn't remember, couldn't concentrate on trying to fix myself.

Things got worse too. The longer I was in this world of darkness and confusion, the more I started to hallucinate. It had to be hallucinations, of course, because... Because no one would be able to survive this, right?

"What the fuck are you doing?" I vaguely heard a mechanical voice demand. I tried to lift my head, open my eyes, but I couldn't move. At least, not on my own. I felt someone moving me around, and not too gently either.

"I'm wiping him down." That response was eerie. Monotone. Cold.

"Why the fuck are you doing that? He's just gonna get scuffed up again..." The voice trailed and I heard the sound of heavy boots thumping and crunching on the cobblestones that were underneath my limp body. There was more jostling around, more voices, but they were faded now. At the same time, I was starting to feel odd sensations. I could feel someone's breath on my cheek, on my ear, against my throat. It was too fucking close for comfort, but whenever I tried to lift my hand to push the person away, my hand was slapped away and dropped to the floor like nothing.

Groans and moans. Grunts. Followed by more moaning that slowly seemed to turn into screaming, which made no sense, and holy fuck was that screaming loud. I could hear it inside my head. Whoever it was sounded like they were in agony. The screaming continued, choked off for a bit, then started back up again, only more hoarsely.

What the fuck was going on?

I felt someone's lips brush my ear and cursed, reaching up to push them away, but a strong grip caught my wrist and I blinked hard to try and focus in on who was grabbing me. I followed a dark dirty hand all the way up someone's arm, I think, but when I tried to get a good look at their face, all I saw were a pair of glowing gold eyes, which meant danger. I knew that instinctively.

I went to hit whoever it was, punch whoever it was, but I had no strength in my arm. All I managed to do was jerk their grasp a little bit, followed by laughter. I felt someone's mouth land on my cheek and I cursed, turning my head away, squirming to get away from the sudden assault of hands on my body.

I could feel rough hands searching my body, felt something sharp like claws or fangs digging into my skin, peoples' voices all around me, moaning and growling, and in the distance, that scream was fading and becoming more like suffocated gurgles.

Drowning, I noted. This must be what drowning felt like. It felt like a hundred hands were on my body, a hundred claws and fangs, all dragging me further and further into this deep dark pit that was stealing my breath away. It felt like no sound was coming out of my throat now, no air out of my lungs, nothing.