Chapter 4 Part 2 (Mixed POV)

Hayleys POV

Hayley walked into the park slowly, humming quietly under her breath. Looking around, she made her way over to the park bench where Gerard sat, a grin forming on her face. "You came! I didn't think you would." She sat down next to him and set her notebook in her lap, nodding. "Okay, first..you don't talk. We need to work on that. Will you talk to me..please?" Hayley bit her lip, watching Gerard's face hopefully, frowning when she realized he wasn't going to speak.

Gerard POV

Gerard mirrored Hayley's facial expression, looking down to his lap. He knew that he was wasting her time, they both were. They both knew he wasn't going to speak, they both knew he wouldn't benefit from this. But..for some reason the look on Hayley's face made his numbness fade, only to be replaced with another..very faint feeling. Guilt. He quickly pushed the guilt down and cleared his throat, causing Hayleys eyes to widen. There was that look of hope again. Gerard wanted to scream at her, to shake her and tell her to stop. Stop caring so much! Stop looking at me like that! He shook his head and she sighed. Reaching over, he gently took her pen and paper, scribbling 'Sorry' down onto the sheet in his messy handwriting. He passed her the paper, hesitating only briefly because she was practically squirming in her seat. He watched her read the paper and a large smile appear on her face. That made him smile too, he hadnt smiled in..in years. He felt awful, how dare he feel happy when his wife and child were dead? His smile quickly vanished, thankfully Hayley hadn't seen it. He couldn't give her hope, he had to make sure she knew that he was bitter and angry..he had to make her hate him just like everyone else. Hope is useless, hate is much better than hope.