Chapter One

The room fell silent as Jeanine stood up in front on the five bowls that determined their futures. She stood with confidence and authority as she spoke to the people of the five factions.

"The faction system is a living being composed of cells, all of you, and the only way it can survive and thrive is for each of you to claim your rightful place. The future belongs to those who know where they belong." She said, Erudite nodding in agreement, proud to have Jeanine as their faction leader. Everyone slaps their hands as Marcus takes the stage.

"When you leave this room, you will no longer be dependants, but full fledged members of our society. Faction before blood." Marcus said, the factions all repeating in unison before names were being called in alphabetical order.

"Renderson, Zara." Marcus called out as a Candor, average looking girl came upon the five bowls and without hesitation, she cut her hand and let her blood drip into the Candor bowl, filled with shards of glass. "Candor." He said as Zara made her way back to her faction.

"Stevenson, Keres." Marcus called out. The amity girl looked up as the members of her faction gave her a small smile of encouragement, which she merely glanced at before walking towards the bowls.

She grabbed the knife from Marcus, and cut her hand, gazing at he five bowls that could promise a different future for each.

Was she honest, intelligent, brave, selfless or kind? The room grew tense and impatient as they watched her simply look at the bowls instead of making her choice.

A Candor born started to grow impatient and as his tolerance and patience slipped, he yelled, "hurry up and choose Amity already, Tree hugger---!" As the words left his lips, so did the knife from Keres' fingers, everyone watched with horror as the knife soured through the air and landed with a thud next to the Candors cheek, his cheek bleeding from the cut Keres just gave him.

The room gasped as the Dauntless snickered, looking at Keres in horror and disgust as she let her blood drip on the five bowls without glancing at it once, merely watching the crowd with a fierce, emotionless expression on her face.

Marcus called out, "Dauntless."

Keres smirked as she made her way to her new faction that were cheering loudly for her like they did to every transfer, with one thought in mind.

Let the fun begin.