Chapter Four

After burning her clothes, Keres decided to go to the Mess Hall, grab some food and sit alone at the Mess Hall, so she could eat in peace. Only that didn't work out so well for her, when Trevor decided to drag him and his new Dauntless-born friends, Kason and Murphy to sit with her.

Several minutes later, Bethany and her friends, Lopez, Tania and Dominika sat with them also. Keres inwardly huffed and rolled her eyes, not enjoying the cheerful chatter that flooded her surroundings. She had enough of 'cheerful chatter' in Amity.

Another small group of three had decided to join their table, and this group she definitely liked the least. The assumedly leader of the group seemed cocky, conceited, and arrogant. All the symptoms of an asshole. Although, she didn't understand why one of his minions liked him, or seemed like he liked him from where Amity was sitting.

He had a ginger quiff for hair and brown eyes, a bit lanky and didn't have much in the musclier department, though he did have some. His name, she learnt, was Conrad. His friend that seemed to like him, was quite cute in her opinion. He had brown shaggy hair, grey eyes, and a lopsided grin. He seemed to be the muscle of the group, but didn't lack the brains. His name was Dimitru.

The last member of the group was a girl. She wasn't a typical blonde slut, but she wasn't the typical brunette shy, easily intimidated girl. Not a bitch, either, or that's what it seemed anyway. She had black straight hair that went down to her waist, with blue eyes, small nose and this lips. She seemed to be the brains of the group, although the rest of the group must've been oblivious to that fact. Her name was Jazz.

They all sat around Keres on the table, Trevor and his new group of friends would occasionally talk to her, and she would only nod or shake her head, or shrug her shoulders. Bethany was glaring at her half the time, along with her friends, and Conrads group, were snickering about something. Or rather Conrad was.

Keres was nearly finished eating, grabbing her fork to eat some of her Dauntless Cake for desert, when Conrad decided it would be the time to finally speak with her. "Hey Keres, what was it like being drugged up in hippie, tree hugging world?" Conrad taunted, making her freeze.

She hated talking about Amity. It hit a nerve that should have never been touched, let alone struck. Conrad smirked, knowing that she couldn't say anything in return, due to her being mute. Or so he thought.

"Aw, wittle Kewes getting upset? You won't find any drugs here, you druggie, so damn well leave before you regret stepping a foot in this compound." Conrad threatened, making her clutch the fork in her hand angrily.

They had now caught the attention of everyone on the table, all staring curiously at what would happen. Conrad stood up abruptly and seethed at her, "Didn't you hear me? I said leave!" He had now caught the attention of some people in the Mess Hall, including the instructors, the Dauntless leaders and members of Dauntless.

Keres was highly aware of the attention that Conrad had drawn, and Conrad was now aware of the fork she held tightly in her hand, making him smirk. "Oh, is wittle Amity getting mad?" He said in a baby voice, before growling out at her, "Then do something about it!"

Keres inwardly smirked, casually diving the fork into her cake and biting off a slice, "Oh wait, maybe you should stick with that silly little quote that all you hippies look up too. You belong there anyway. What was it again---?" Conrad said, but was cut off by Keres abruptly standing up and uppercutting his stomach, before grabbing his throat in a tight grip.

It didn't stop there.

Conrad must've, no, did get angry at her actions as he shakily grabbed the table knife and slashed it all down her left eye, making her grit her teeth to stop from crying out in pain, before knocking the knife out of his hands, grabbing her fork and stabbing him right in the throat, making him collapse onto the ground and start to choke as he struggled to remove the fork from his throat as it bled.

Keres smiled sarcastically and said, "Go with happiness."