𝚃𝙷𝙸𝚁𝚃𝙴𝙴𝙽

It was Saturday, and Ironhide was sitting in Eleanor's room waiting for her to wake from her slumber so he could take her to the train station.

Last night, Owen and he had discussed everything about Eleanor and the prospect of her accident. Many tears were shed and Ironhide craved the sweet bliss of offlining on more than one occasion, but overall, it went over smoothly. It was a talk that Ironhide believed eased both his and Owen's consciences.

Today, Optimus talked to her and informed her that she was able to learn everything should she so desire.

Today, she told Optimus that she wished for Ironhide (Ron) to speak to her about it.

Ratchet believed Ironhide to be acting like a smitten human, but Ironhide thought that he had the right to be jovial considering everything that they had been through to get to this point. And though the outcome of this conversation might end disastrously, Ironhide could not wait to get the heavy weight off his chest for Eleanor's sake.

He was going to inform her when she woke up, but the moment her emerald eyes flickered open, his train of thought disappeared. Once again, Ironhide was rendered helpless to this human.

Only this time it did not quite cripple him as much as other times did.

Ironhide fumbled over his words, stuttered out his apology and explanation the best way he could with how little he used words, and hoped for the best. Eleanor looked guilty herself, and Ironhide wished to comfort her, to tell her that the fault was all his own even when she tried to take partial blame. Her hand on his face was a blazing inferno; it felt like she was skinning him alive, right to the circuit.

In the end, he did not reveal anything about his secrets because she did not ask. Only when she gave him her permission would he expose himself to her--would he shatter the glass they so carefully stepped on.

There was no mention of it during their journey to the train station. Ironhide did not wish to step on their fragile bond or disturb it in any way. Eleanor did not deserve to go to California with the weight of a planet hanging on her shoulders. Ironhide would tell her when she returned.

Optimus would have his helm for this decision. Owen will most likely give Ironhide a lecture, one that resembled Ratchet's belittling language all too well. Ironhide would take those without a second thought if it meant that Eleanor would be able to endure her two weeks away with no troubles.

Informing her that he was happy that she was going on this trip was one of the biggest lies that Ironhide has ever spoken. Many times he has lied his way out of prison on different planets, but this felt different. He was lying for the sake of her as she was doubting the internship and the traveling. He did not wish to see her eyes clouded over like they had been, so he spoke words of encouragement that he was not sure if he believed.

Truth be told, he did not wish for her to go at all. Rather, he would like to be by her side as she went down there. It would let his spark rest easy.

Realistically, he understood that he would have to remain in Washington as she traveled to California, but that did not mean that he was not allowed to have this moment. Ironhide has had a strong resolve for a long time; he was allowed this moment of selfishness, his head resting against hers, hand in her hair.

Comforting as it was to him, Ironhide felt the spark in the cabin. There was a tension in here that had never been present before. It sizzled and snapped, and Ironhide felt exposed as Eleanor stared at him.

He had heard of Earth kisses, but experiencing one was odd, to say the least. The sensation of lips against his own holoform's were alien but not unpleasant. Eleanor's mouth was warm, and for a moment, Ironhide allowed her to have her own moment of selfishness. It was oddly nice, warm and tingly against his faux skin, like the sensation Ratchet explained when he ran into the powerline.