Gilan's New Obsession

Twenty years after the last book, Gilan and Jenny are surrounded by a flock of children. Gilan had also developed a strong taste in blue sparkly things, and he ended up turning all his weapons that color. Everything he owned was now blue sparkly. And yes, even the cloak. Unfortunately, Jenny didn't share his liking for that and she got a pink sparkly longbow.
So for fathers' day, all of his children put their money together and get him a giant coffee mug that says "#1 Blue Sparkly Dad" with blue sparkly coffee in it. After Gilan drinks the coffee, his face is stained blue sparkly. Permanently.
And while Jenny works at her restaurant, Gilan is left to watch the flock of children, who happen to all have blue sparkly longbows as well. Because for some reason, Gilan didn't want them using anything else. They also all had blue sparkly horses which were descended from Blaze and Abelard Unicorn (see "The Real Abelard").
Since he had dyed his cloak blue sparkly, he had to get another one to wear over the colored one. While on a mission to stop a gang of robbers during one of their attacks, Gilan is standing next to a tree unnoticed. Once the robbers get close enough, he steps away from the tree and rips off the top mottled cloak, showing the blue sparkly one underneath; meanwhile shouting, "Blue sparkly party!".