Gilan Is A... Turkey?

The sun shone down beautifully on a small cabin in the woods, casting mottled shadows upon the shingled roof. A few water-laden clouds scuttled across the sky in a hasty attempt to drop their rain on an unsuspecting victim...

*Meanwhile*

Will shoved a few things into his pockets and grabbed his cloak from its hook by the door. He hurriedly stuffed a piece of jerky into his mouth before opening the door and stumbling down the stairs toward Tug, who was awaiting him patiently outside.

Why do you always wait until the last minute to do things before you leave?, the little horse asked, tilting his head at Will.

The disheveled ranger looked his horse in the eye and didn't respond. Instead, he took an apple from his trousers pocket and playfully shoved it in Tug's mouth. Surprised, the horse tossed his head and smacked Will upside the face.

"Oowewww!" he screeched, grunting with laughter. "Tug, watch you big horse head."

Tug nickered and crunched the apple vehemently as Will mounted and they began on the forest trail.

*Later*

The rain had just started to drop when the two finally reached Gilan's cabin. Will dismounted and lead Tug to the lean-to on the side, where Blaze was comfortably munching some hay, watching the mist start to come in. Will patted her nose as Tug settled in next to her, nickering and playfully nibbling her mane.

She grunted pleasantly and rubbed her head against his shoulder (though she had to lean down to do so because she's a tall horse :3). Will smiled and stuck another piece of jerky in his mouth, walking up the steps to Gilan's front door.

Without knocking, Will barged on in and hung up his cloak. He stood in the middle of the front room and waited.

"GOOLILLLIOLOLLLL!"

Will jumped, startled.

"GOLLOOOOIOLLLOLLL!"

He stopped chewing his jerky and looked around for whatever made that strange noise.

"GOLLIIOOLLLLLOLLLL!"

His brow scrunched up in concentration, Will opened a cabinet in the kitchen, only to find a cuddled up Gilan sitting there, among the dishes.

Gilan looked up at Will and shook his hair out of his face.

"GOLLOIOOLOIILLL!"

Will stared for a second and started to chuckle. "Gilan, what's your problem?"

He older ranger only scratched his nose and made a small helping sound, "Yeellll, yellp, yeelllp."

Will grabbed his arm and tried to pull him out of the cabinet, but Gilan hissed and shrank away. "Hhhhdhsjjdfhjanaksmkkk," he squealed.

Will scratched his neck, puzzled. "Gilan, what could I give you to make you come out of there?" Gilan shook his head again and responded.

"GOOLIIIOOOOOILLLLL."

"Mm hmm," Will nodded.

"GOOOLLLOIOOOOOLLLLLL."

"Uh huh."

"GIOOLL."

"Ok, so, I'm gonna go do that and you're gonna come out, ok?"

"GIOIOLLL."

The day ended with Will trying (and failing) to lure Gilan out of the cabinet with all sorts of things, like cat toys, rattles, food, even Blaze's diary, but nothing seemed to spark his interest.

Gilan the turkey will forever  be in his cabinet.

Gobbling at Will.