Breaking Character

Sera was having a little problem.
Her and John have been friends for a fair amount of time. He was her best friend and is the reason she isn't a puppet controlled by her parents. She always seen John as a friend nothing more, well until Remi came into the picture. One day Remi showed up and quickly befriended John and it made Sera feel... strange.

Like earlier when Remi was so bold with John even hugging him. Sera couldn't help feel jealous. Remi was hang out with him a lot, sometimes without her and the times when Remi wasn't around at it was just the two of them she felt like those moments were special.

Sera started to realize that she had feelings for John. She started to blush for a moment when she heard her name being called.

"Hey, Sera." John called out to her.

Sera was in deep thought and didn't notice that John was talking to her.

"Sorry, what were you saying?" She said.

"You okay?" John asked her worried.

"yeah, I'm good". Sera responded.

"Hey, guys how about this store". Remi said, pointing at a fashion boutique.
"They've got a lot of cute clothes I've wanted to try."

"Sure, I need some new clothes anyways". Sera agreeing with her.

"Ok I'm gonna wait outside, you guys take your time". John said but then he felt some one grab him.

"Wait..." sera paused not knowing what she was doing.

The Magenta haired girl stared at John for a second blushing, wondering to herself why she had stopped him.

"John, you're coming in with us." she said. "I need you to help me decide what to choose, got it".

John sighed knowing their wasn't any way to change her mind.

In the store the two girls started grabbing clothes that caught their eye and went straight for the fitting room.

After a couple minutes Remi came out wearing a all new clothes, she wore a white short skirt and white high heels, a white  top with a light blue jacket over it.

"What do you think?" Remi asked John.

John casually gave her a thumbs up.

Then Sera came out, she wore a blue jeans and white v collared crop top.

John complemented the both of them.

"Alright John, who's outfit do you like better?" Remi asked with a smile.

Sera was stunned that Remi would ask that, however she wanted to know too.

"Obviously, it's mine right, John?" Sera said ominously.

Remi started to glare at her friend who glared back.

Even without their abilities active they excuded a terrifyingly powerful presence.

"So who is it John?" Remi asked again.

"It's mine right???" Sera repeated.

"No mine's better, right.....?" Remi asked.

"I.... um *gulp*...." John was shaking in fear.

"you know what I'm gonna go get some drinks." John said sprinting out of the store.

"Whew, good thing I got outta there" John thought to himself.

Walking towards the Boba shop by the food court he passed by a costume store with masks on the display, and a black mask caught his eye he stared at it for a second then turned his attention to the Boba stand.

After getting the drinks he came back to see the two girls chatting. He walked up to them and handed them each a mango Boba.

All three of them walked and talk telling jokes and stories when John saw a booth that was doing ability gauging.

Wanna try it, there's a prize" he said slyly knowing full well that the two would win something.

The two girls agreed and they made their way to the booth with no customers.

"Welcome." A kind looking man with orange hair said. "Which one of you would like to get their level read."

"Guess I'll go first." Remi said.

"Ok please hold out your hand" he said.

The man gently grabbed remi's hand to began using his ability.

"So his ability only works with physical contact" John thought to himself.

"Wow you're a high tier." The man said happily. " Here, you get a lovely little teddy bear."

Remi stared at the bear, which made John and Sera ask what was wrong.

With her ability she opened up the bear and pulled out a small chip.

The man's expression changed to fearful and John slammed his hand on the desk.

"What the hell are trying to pull here?" He asked

But before he could answer a smoke bomb was set off filling the entire area. Then a dark figure grabbed the man and fled into the smoke.

The trio immediately chased after them without a second thought.

When they were able to see the two culprits escaping they went down different Halls.

Remi and Sera followed the unidentified person. While John kept chasing the level reader.

John's more athletic body made him able to catch up to the man and John tackled him to the ground. John attempted to pin him down but the man kicked at him forcing John to fall backwards.

The man got back up this time activating his ability, pulling out a knife and  lunging at John. But being a skilled fighter he was able to grab the man's wrist and disarm him.

John was about interrogate him when noticed he made one huge error, he made physical contact with the man when their ability was active. John looked at him and saw his face was full of fear and was uncontrollably shaking.

"Please... d-don't" he begged but John punched him right in the face then put his hands on throat choking him out.

The man kept begging but John wasn't listening, too much was going through his head.

"I can't let any one know" he thought "I won't let Sera or Remi see me as a monster, even if that means by force."

To be continued...