uno

"GWEN, what the hell are you doing?"

Gwen turned her head up to her best friend, Miles. She gave him a grin before standing up from his bed and climbing on the walls.

"First, you pry into my things and now you're climbing on the walls like a lizard." Miles deadpanned, crossing his arms and closing his doodle book the blonde had opened earlier.

"No need to get so shy, Milo.. I won't ever snitch to Mack about your crush on her." Gwen teased, climbing up to the ceiling this time and letting the half of her hair down.

"First, her name is Mackenzie, not Mack. Second, stop doing that.. the blood will flow into your head and if you die, I'm going to be held responsible." Miles groaned before throwing a pillow at the girl.

"I'm not going to die of blood rushing to my head, Milo. Remember, I survived Mysterio. And dude, you're whipped. We can just call her Mack and now you're here talking as if Mackenzie Jean Watson is a Goddess waiting to be worshipped." Gwen mocked a sigh before jumping down the floor.

"She is a Goddess." Miles smirked before plopping down his bed with a sigh. "If only she wasn't dating Harry."

"Oh, I bet you my sister's hair extensions they'll break up for another month.. or two." Gwen crossed her arms with a smug smile.

"I'm not going to benefit from your annoying sister's hair extensions, Gwen." Miles rolled his eyes before it widened in excitement. "What about.. if your prediction's wrong.. you'll swing me to the Grand Central Terminal.. no rests!" Miles pumped his fists.

"It's a deal, then." Gwen shook her head, a challenging grin forming on her face before frowning. "Wait, why don't you want to go to Dyker Heights with me?"

"Dyker Heights? Seriously? There's nothing special about that place!" Miles grimaced, grabbing his sketchbook before he began to doodle.

"FYI, that place is amazing! It's like a dream to be there, it's not my fault you don't have taste." Gwen flicked Miles on the forehead, earning a glare from the boy.

"By amazing, you mean lounging on the roof of a random house and stare at the decorations?" Miles snorted, the sound of his pencil clashing with the paper loud.

"Yes, exactly. I'm standing with my opinion that Dyker Heights is beautiful." Gwen nodded with a proud smile.

"Shut up." Miles shook his head.

"Hey, since Mack's occupied for now.. do you want me to set you up with my sister? Maybe if it works out.. we could be siblings!" Gwen wiggled her eyebrows teasingly.

"She's gay!" Miles shook his head.

"She's bisexual, there's a difference.. do you wanna take the offer?" Gwen teased again.

"Nope, never in a million years." Miles shook his head, this time rapidly.

They were startled when Miles' mother knocked on the door, holding a basket of laundry.

"Miles, help me take this to the laundry shop.. and Gwen, are you joining us for dinner tonight?" The dark haired woman has a soft spot for Gwen, treating her like she's her own daughter.

"I don't think I'll be here.. sorry Mama Rio. I'll make it up to you next time!" Gwen gave the woman a hug.

"Are you working on your part-time again? I told you, you should rest after that Mysterio guy hurt you." Rio tutted with concern, before leaving the room.

"Part-time? Can't you come up with another excuse? Mom can literally ask around convenience stores around here and ask if you worked in it." Miles whispered.

"That was the only realistic thing I could think of, Mama Rio will never do that, she's too busy." Gwen chuckled.

"Why aren't you joining us tonight anyways? You usually stay here on Fridays." Miles whined, yelping when he accidentally sat on his pencil.

"I have patrolling to do, remember?" Gwen said, kneeling down and tying her shoelaces.

"Ever since you became Spider-Woman, you've been busy all the time.. and it could seriously kill you." Miles sighed.

"I met injured Peter Parker in that alleyway for a reason, maybe I was meant to take his place.. I should do my job better." Gwen shook her head, opening the ledge of Miles' window and letting the warm breeze of New York rush to her face.

"It's definitely cool seeing you like this, but it's very dangerous at the same time." Miles shook his head.

"We're 22 years old, Miles. We survived years and years where death should be greeting us, but look at what happened.. we're still here!" Gwen showed him jazz hands, before scoffing.

"Hey, don't get mad at me for being a very concerned best friend.. I really am worried for you." Miles massaged his temple, before walking over to the blonde.

"I understand, but you know I can handle myself.. I wasn't given this opportunity for no reason." Gwen sighed, before enveloping her best friend in a hug.

"Be safe, okay?" Miles muttered into her shoulder, pulling away with a smile.

"It's just a night of patrolling, Milo. I'll call you if something bad's happening, you can come back to your position as my guy in the chair." Gwen nudged Miles jokingly as the tall boy shook his head with an eye-roll.

"Yeah, fine, fine." Miles couldn't help but smile, he couldn't stay mad at his best friend for too long.

"Adios, Milo!" Gwen gave him a salute, before leaning backwards to fall on the window, giving Miles a heart attack.

Thankfully, when he peeked out, Gwen swayed up the building with her webs. Miles shook his head with a grin, watching his best friend slash superhero swing into the sunset.