dos

GWEN swung around Queens, waiting for her tingle to work as she did her second patrol of the week

    GWEN swung around Queens, waiting for her tingle to work as she did her second patrol of the week. She didn't know if she was endangering herself, especially because she's patrolling in a city that has high crime percantages.. or maybe she could consider herself lucky because she would be able to do her job well.

    She dropped at an alleyway, the alleyway where she always changed her clothes before fighting crime. She removed the mask she was wearing at the moment because it was easy to wear. She hid behind a dumpster and turned her hoodie backwards- revealing her suit.

   She once experienced the difficulty of changing into her suit, so she sew it on the hoodie she always wore along with her pants. There were still three sets of her suits whenever she'd run out of them.

   Gwen took a deep breath, before placing her mask on her face and bringing her hood up. She shot her webs up the roof and began swinging again.

    It would've been great if I wasn't wearing my mask. Gwen thought. It was truly difficult to breathe in her mask so she wanted to remove it and swing to let the air brush her face, but it was desperately needed to be wore as she didn't want her identity to be revealed.

   She was feeling her pent up frustrations lingering in her mind again, so she went far this time. She never swung far away, but it was badly needed at this moment or else she would have another panic attack.

   It wasn't really easy to be a superhero, the praises can get you confident enough, but if you fail, the burden would suddenly drop on your shoulders that were heavy as three boulders.. the responsibilities would be given to you even if it wasn't yours.

   But being a superhero has it perks too, of course. She was able to swing far away as far as she wanted, she has strength that wasn't as strong as the normal human strength. Her reflexes became very fast and she could immediately tell if something was wrong. Her eyesight went back to its 20/20 state, when before everything else happened it was 250/120.

   Once Gwen saw the familiar skyscraper, she knew she was far from home. She smiled at the sight of the Empire State Building, lit up as always. She loved the city at night, something about the lights always fascinated her. She swung past Empire State Building, she saw some people point to her. Yes, she had gone quite famous.

   Gwen saw another tall building, making her chuckle in familiarity. She kept her eyes on it as she passed, remembering her days as a trainee in the bachelor billionaire's company.

  Gwen closed her eyes for a second, slightly calm because wind were able to enter her mask and it felt refreshing. Before she could open her eyes, there was a ring in her ear, before goosebumps spread all over her body.

  My tingle. Gwen thought. She immediately opened her eyes as she stopped on top of some random building, searching for the thing that alarmed her.