Chapter 25

“Oi, hurry up and strip.”

I smiled smugly and meaningfully at him and his face crumpled.

"I'm not a pervert! Geez!"

I covered my mouth and tried to stop myself from laughing loudly.

Anyway… I didn’t want to say this but… I kind of understand why adults always tease kids.

Because it’s so interesting to see their annoyed and embarrassed expressions!

“Your expression tells me that you’re not taking me seriously.”

I uneasily looked at the other side. He’s uselessly sharp.

“I’m telling you to strip since I can do something about that wound because I have holy power.”

He looked at me with a serious expression, it was up to the extent that it made me think that stripping in front of a guy is nothing.

This guy is probably not a noble since he doesn't have any single bit of courtesy or respect towards me. I almost thought that he was one since he's good looking.

Anyway, can I even ‘strip’ in front of him without his face being red?

Hmmm. It’s normal for kids to get embarrassed anyway and it’s not even embarrassing to show my bare back to a kid. Yeah, let’s just think of this as showing off a bikini.

I turned my back on him.

"Unzip it." I lifted the hair on my back and waited for him.

Wait. Aren't I being too complacent to a stranger? He won't do bad things to me, right?

What am I saying? It’s not like a kid can do anything to me.

It's just that… it’s not like someone seeing my bare back would ruin my reputation in the modern world but it's different here.

"Ugh. I'll probably never get married in my whole life anymore. I'll just wait for myself to reincarnate."

Look at me casually adjusting and acting as if I’ve lived my whole life here.

It's... not like there are chances for me to go back to my past world.

I felt him unzipping the dress and feeling the cold air in my back.

I flinched as I felt him touching and doing something to my wound.

Normally, people would stop and apologize since they will think that they applied too much pressure. But this guy didn't stop, he continued putting pressure with the same strength on his finger.

"Hey, at least have some delicacy. What the hell are you doing pressing my wound like it's nothing?"

This is exactly why you're not the male lead.

"Can't you just stay still for a while?"

"..."

It was a peaceful evening. I could feel the cold wind touching my skin that passed because the window in the balcony was open.

"Hey… why are you helping me? I haven't seen an assassin like you." I turned my head to look at him.

I smiled widely. "Healing isn't part of the job description for assassins, kid."

"Because I'm not even an assassin in the first place," he said and sighed like he was shouldering a big problem.

I laughed at him. I wonder why I feel comfortable. Is it because of his holy power? Because I could feel a kind and warm aura from him? Is it because he doesn't give off a strong presence? Like he's someone who wouldn't put me into danger?

Ehem, Evan who's a villain that could potentiall end my life.

"Go back to your old position."

Somehow, as I spend my time with him like this, I remembered Creas Wagner's family-- which is now my family.

They were also like this. They didn't give off a strong presence and they looked calm, quiet, serious and indifferent.  From my memories, they weren't a close family. They were just like acquaintances.

I don't even know if they still remember that they have a daughter.

Well, the big difference is that this guy only has an image like my family's for only a moment.

Everything gets ruined once you spend more than a minute with him. Also, he should just shut his mouth tightly.

Oh, right. Creas also has an indifferent and quiet brother. I remember them never speaking to each other since Creas honestly, didn't really care much.

Wait, what was his name again? My thoughts keep on jumping around.

"Was it Orius?"

The guy stopped in the middle of zipping my dress.

***

Yeah, second update for the day. And yes, I'm procrastinating again.