2. Shut up!

Bara slowly opened her eyes, gaining consciousness, her back aching from the stiff posture or the hard tree behind her back. She straightened up as her hands landed on the surface which was ticklish, like grass?

She finally opened her eyes wide realizing her surroundings. She

was still on the ground. They left her here unconscious, just like this? How cruel! What if she got attacked by some animals or insects or worst got kidnapped by some freak?

As the memories of before she fainted flashed infront of her eyes, she quickly stood up holding the tree for support. Ismia! Was her first thought as she looked at the empty dark road ahead. How long had she been here for and where would Ismia be right now? She had told her to wait for her at home before leaving, yes, she should head home and wait. Bara started running in the direction of their small hut, internally wishing that Wafaa would already be back waiting for her too.

"Ismia. Ismia. Will she be okay?" Continuosly biting on her nails, she paced outside their house under the moonlight, her steps getting faster and her heart growing more and more anxious with each step she took. She couldn't even go to anyone from the village for help at this time.

"No! I can't do this. I should go to the palace myself. They came here looking for me. I can't let Ismia do this always." She self talked placing her hand on her heart. "You can fight for yourself Bara. You......can. You're not a darpok billi." Closing her eyes and breathing in, she let out a long breathe. Heading towards the road, without knowing how far she'd have to walk, without having any idea of what problems awaited her journey, she walked forward with only one person in her mind, that one person who was always a source of motivation for her on every path.

Crossing the same garden, she walked down the road already tired. There was no way she could walk all the way down this endless road towards the town. Her ears perked up as she heard the sound of a horse running towards her direction. Who could ride a horse to this village at this time of the night?

"Woah!" Her eyes widened as she took small steps backwards watching the horse ride straight in her direction as the rider looked like he had no intentions to stop and just let the horse stomp her to death. Shutting her eyes tightly, she fell on her bum on the wet ground waiting for a strong hit or kick.

However, all she heard was sudden silence after two loud shrieks, the horse and she let out together. Calming her almost exploding heart, she looked up to stare at the figure covered in black, jumping off his dark brown coloured horse. Anger replaced her once scared feature as she gave him a death glare in the dark.

"Andha kahin ka! Ankhein bhi chupa ly apni aisy hi ghora bhagana hai tou." She mumbled under her breath, getting up and cleaning off her dress which was now wet from the back.

"Arey, darpok billi tou ab bheegi billi ban gai." He laughed walking towards her with his head tilted in a mocking way. Bara pointed a finger at him in anger, "Tum.....t-tum.." Stuttering, she slowly folded her finger inside, putting her hand back down as he now stood two steps away

from her staring at her with raised brows, that's all she could see with his shining eyes under the moonlight.

He laughed again, mocking her. "Mein, m-mein na, tumhy bhi palace ly kar jany aya hun. Tum akeley nahi jany dy rahi thi na, dukh sy behosh bhi ho gai. So I came all the way back to get you. Chalo." He spoke every word slowly watching her facial expressions change to panicked and scared ones again. Her face was so expressive, like an open book. He observed amused again.

"M-mujhy? Kyun....?" Her eyeballs roamed around in panic as she thought of the worst scenarios. Maybe they found out Wafaa was not the real Bara. What if she was in danger there?