5. Safe Place

"We're almost there." He said as they walked past another street of the huge town, the palace in his view now. They couldn't ride the horse together entering the town market as it was filled with people who love gossiping. "I have an image to hold", was what he had said. So they had started walking instead.

He was taking steady and large steps holding his horse, while she walked with careful and slow steps behind him. He stopped and tilted his head to look at her, as she walked with slumped shoulders, her head hung low, quite at a distance. She was indeed a very slow person, he hated such people.

Why don't you runaway, stupid.

He didn't realize when and why did this thought crossed his mind, he must've lost it. It's his mission! He had to go through so much to finally find her and now he's thinking such crap.

I don't care whatever happens to her now. I'll just enjoy my freedom.

They reached the gates as the soldiers respectfully nodded at Qasymbek taking his horse in their care. Bara stood by the gate, fiddling with her dupatta. This is the palace. Will they lock me up in here too? Her wandering thoughts were cut off as Qasymbek whistled grabbing her attention from far ahead. "Ab aa bhi jao! I'm tired." He yawned under the veil, his eyes shrinking.

I have him with me. She followed him staring at his back, trusting him for her well-being once again after the night. This was the first time she relied on someone other than Wafaa. He relaxed his neck muscles and arms walking ahead, sighing. "Chasing a billi isn't an easy task, indeed."

Bara's eyes roamed around scanning every corner of the large place to find the familiar face. She is not here. Her worried eyes landed on another familiar figure infront of her.

"Suno?" She whispered feeling embarrassed at all the gazes of the cabinet members on her right now. "Sunao?" He turned around folding his arms. She so wanted to slap the attitude out of him, he's so annoying sometimes.

"Wo kahan hai?" She asked carefully, not knowing what to call Wafaa, since he knew her as Bara, right?

"Wo, kon?" He rocked his hand while mocking her changing his tone.

"Wo, jisko tum pehle le kar aye the na." She said annoyed. The cabinet started pointing at them whispering to each other. "They seem to be very close to just have met."

Qasymbek cleared his throat taking a step back from her. He obviously didn't know where the fake girl would be, he just arrived at the palace with her right now. Was she dumb or what? Thinking about it, she was also a part of the lie for not saying the truth to him. He again stepped closer to her.

"Naam?" He asked as Bara grew nervous again. "Naam hai usska. Wo keh kar bulati ho tum ussy?"

Bara refused to make eye contact with him, staring at the ground. "Acha tumhara naam kiya hai? Come to think of it, I never asked." He impatiently questioned again, her silence was annoying, making him mad. She still isn't saying the truth. He clenched his fist when she chose to remain silent until the end.

"The King has arrived." The announcement broke the tension between them as he turned back around and took a step forward.

Greeting the king when he settled on the throne, Qasymbek moved his hand in her direction. "I've completed my mission."

She stared at his hand, confused at his words. "I'll take my leave then." He turned around, glancing at her one last time, quickly breaking the eye contact passing by her side, however, he stopped when he felt a tug at his sleeve. Tilting his face to look at his sleeve in between her clenched fingers, he shut his eyes. This girl requires a lot of care, indeed a princess.