𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

Without being able to move his limbs before, once Azrail plunged into the winding slide heading downward, he felt his control over his movements return, allowing for him to promptly peek down at his uncovered chest, now realizing that he was shirtless. Upon this understanding, Azrail checked to see if he still had pants on, and to his alleviation, he wore something to protect his legs and crotch. Though Azrail recognized that instead of the dress pants that he would normally wear, he was instead sporting oversize Egyptian trousers—much to his confusion.

Hissing at the subtle tenderness pulsing inside of his chest, Azrail lay a hand over his chest only to feel the wound he exacted on himself to be gone, the blood that used to spew out of his opened body nowhere in sight. Not caring for the startling position he was in, Azrail surveyed his skin, noticing it to be healthy and clean; nothing like how unhealthy pale it used to be before he died. Without knowing, Azrail lightly smiled. Perhaps he should have offered more mind to his health.

Not much before he came to this understanding did he grunt in minor discomfort as his bum softened his plunge to the solid ground below his body. Glancing down, Azrail hurriedly looked up as he discovered he was no longer in the stifling unknown field he was prior to his finding of this spectacle; instead, he was now circled by breathtakingly vast galaxies, all altering in color and shape as they spread aimlessly around the mysterious universe, minuscule specks in the backdrop as comets and meteoroids gradually shifted around.

I'm in space...

With his mouth agape as he struggled to take everything in, Azrail put a hand over his mouth, troubled that he would die without oxygen. Yet the second he obtained such a thought, Azrail chuckled and withdrew his hand. The theory was ridiculous—how he would assume he could perish once more; chiefly with the fact that he no longer required oxygen. But what was most peculiar to him was that he docked on the hard ground—yet this was the universe where gravity doesn't genuinely exist and neither does oxygen; so how could he have reached hard ground?

While he puzzled over this unusual phenomenon, a figure hovered beside him, patiently waiting with a distressing smile on his concealed face for the man to find out about his presence. Even when he thought his new master would perceive his existence shortly after a minute, the anticipating figure was disillusioned as one minute turned into ten, and then into twenty...

"Divine Azrail?" Flinching once picking up a hollow voice behind him, Azrail turned around sharply, his body rigid as he glared up at the floating figure with wariness. Ultimately being noticed by his master, the figure gave a gracious smile, his face brightening up with fulfillment.

"Who are you?" Hearing Azrail say these words with aggression, the enigmatic figure frowned lightly before promptly adjusting his face to become monotone and indecipherable once more. "Greetings, Divine Azrail. This is your humble servant brought forth from the Void of Rashn to serve you for the rest of eternity." Performing a saikeirei bow in front of him, Azrail instantly felt flustered. Why was this man doing that? He doesn't believe he's done anything to deserve such a revered bow.

"Um... please, do get up. It's unnecessary to do such a bow. Please straighten yourself." Not spoiling another second, the proclaimed servant rectified his back and bowed his head acutely. "As you wish Divine Azrail."

An awkward silence followed as the both of them stared at each other. The one that declared to be his servant didn't dare spare a glance at his image; and so he decided to instead ogle at the ground that was unseen by them, with only the universe brightening their surroundings. Clearing his throat, Azrail glanced over towards the strange servant, skeptical whether or not to initiate a conversation. But when the silence finally become too frustrating for him, Azrail opened his mouth.