𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

"Goodbye, Yeong-Hui. Forgive me for having to cut our time here short." Standing near the water fountain, only Azrail and Yeong-Hui were there as the God of Nature was getting prepared to depart with a sorrowful look in his charming periwinkle eyes. Waving away his apology with his right hand, Yeong-Hui gave him a hearty closed-eye smile, his hold on his flute loose as the both of them remained close to one another.

"Don't fret, Azrail. Spare me your apologies—you did nothing wrong! It was that blasted God of Life who should apologize, not you. So, chin up!" Slapping his empty hand on top of Azrail's shoulder, the God of Death winced. Never had he noted that Yeong-Hui had such a firm grip. "Thank you for understanding, but you really must go now before your work piles up to become greater than my waterfall." Hearing a light chuckle come from the somewhat disheartened male, Azrail let out a small grin.

Opening his eyes, Yeong-Hui sighed, his eyes downcast as a sense of hopelessness advanced over his heart. He didn't wish to depart so soon from Azrail; especially when they had so much fun together. "How about I come back for then me and you can dive off your waterfall? Together this time, okay?" Placing his chilly hand on top of Yeong-Hui's, Azrail nodded his head as he maintained eye contact with him.

"Together."

Both of them stared into one another's eyes for a while longer before Azrail looked away. His hold on Yeong-Hui's hand now moved as his hands gripped onto the wiry staff that rested beside him. "Well, you better get going. Farewell." Watching as Yeong-Hui gradually let go of his shoulder, both of them retained eye contact as Yeong-Hui blew his flute, soon fading from his view and domain.

Sighing in disappointment, Azrail turned around and wandered back towards the castle, his steps quiet and slow as the alleviating rhythm of water crashing softened his spirit.

Both Yeong-Hui and Azrail didn't contact each other for months after that because of individual sessions that were composed by the previous gods in order to properly aid them in managing their respective fields which consumed all of their time leaving them limited time to relish in the extravagance of being all-powerful. Birth Mother had reported to Azrail that these lectures would only last for a few weeks as it was to only show them the ropes and a few tips and tricks that were passed down by the retired gods; though for Azrail, all that these 'tips and tricks' had provided him were numerous ploys to serve plagues upon the living to effectively minimize their activity. Which Azrail—who scanned through the old reports of when the ex-god was in management—learned that it worked like a charm.

Lightly lying down a feathered quill, Azrail groaned, letting his head crash harshly on top of his desk as a loud 'thunk' sound was stifled throughout the sumptuous room. Hearing the unpleasant sound, Kallias grieved in his heart as he yearned to ask what was the matter, only to remember that his god was of a higher position than him, and thus he should only speak once asked and or spoken to.

Feeling the timid mood that was radiating from where Kallias stood—which was on the other end of the long desk—Azrail raised his hand nonchalantly and waved him over. Not spoiling another second, Kallias emerged beside him, his head bowed as he maintained his hands politely in front of him. "Yes, my god?" Hoisting his head up, Azrail blankly stared at him, his face detached as he seemed like he wished to knock Kallias with his staff.