𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

Glancing away from the withering plants surrounding him, Azrail peered up, only to step back in awe. Before him stood an imposing dwelling enveloped by water with a waterfall behind it, supplying it with the water that was desired as the rest of the water fell off from the cliff, gathering underneath as it floated away into a river. The castle grounds stood amid where the waterfall water would fall off from, settling on the bulky ground as it ascended from elevations greater than that of the majestic rock rushing with liquid.

Many buildings were united with the central castle architecture as they were strewn around the waterbed, with one short building detached from the rest as it rested near the cliff from where all the water fell off to be driven away by the river. Apart from that one sole building, there stood five other ones—two were on either side of the main castle grounds, made into the shape of a cylinder with an upside-down cone-shaped roof, the peaks presenting the symbol of death: A withered willow tree.

Enormous windows were presented from where Azrail stood on the towering black bridge, the relieving sound of crashing water conflicting with still water chanting in his ears as he felt more at tranquility. The moon shone splendidly here as its light reflected off from the decorated windows that represented varied pieces of death: from a butchered widow to presenting the death of a butterfly—all of this Azrail remained in wonderment.

The main castle grounds—however—rose mightier than the rest, steeper than the waterfall itself, with its ceiling the hue of crimson red; the withered willow tree constructed on top of the peak as every other roof had. The color of the outside walls was a milky white with deceased vines scaling throughout the architecture. He would have those disposed of later.

From how extraordinarily massive and broad it was, Azrail only had one thought: Wouldn't this better aid him in feeling lonely? Only he and Kallias would dwell there for the rest of eternity with no one to share such an immense castle with; which, in his opinion, wasn't very heartening.

"God Azrail, do you enjoy God Azrail's new domain?"

No.

"Yes, it's lovely. The littered island across each space throughout the castle grounds is brilliant—and the water circling the grounds? Absolutely astonishing. The castle isn't too grandiose or overwhelming; just right for me." Taking in a deep breath, Azrail clutched the velvety fabric of his unique clothing as he glanced over at Kallias, smirking at him.

"Shall we continue?" Receiving this question coming from his god, Kallias felt shameful. How could he have let his god wait? Such a youthful and unsophisticated attendant he is! Cursing his imprudence and inadequacy of awareness, Kallias hastily complied, bowing down his head as he followed his god inside of the castle, far away from the white bridge that worked as one of the many entrances into the castle.

Passing by the silver gates, Azrail groaned as he saw that they now had to trek a full circle before making it to the entrance. This was certainly taking far longer than he had anticipated. Picking up his god's exhaustion, Kallias' eyes twinkled. This was his chance to show his god that he was useful!

"God Azrail—if I may suggest something?"

"Go ahead."

"God Azrail is competent for floating and teleporting anywhere God Azrail appeals. So if God Azrail so wishes to, God Azrail can transport in front of the central doors or inside of God Azrail's chambers if God Azrail so pleases." This news delighted Azrail as he nodded his head in understanding, a subtle grin eluding his restraint before receding back into a slim line.

"Thank you, Kallias, for such helpful information. I shall keep this in my heart and thoughts." Even when he spoke those words with such certainty, Azrail did not know how to use such power. And so—with a defeated sigh—Azrail sucked up his ambitions in trying to impress Kallias and instead opted to stroll around the wide circle with Kallias in tow.