𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐒𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

Time flew by as a bustled week passed in a blur. No sight of any intruders was reported to Azrail as he remained cooped up in his office, checking off names diligently with intermittent visits to the dead—in either the Avalon realm or the Aikat realm—to examine how efficiently either realm was operating. Of course, during these occasional visits, nothing of concern arose with only the uncommon instances of a soul struggling to escape in the Aikat realm, but that would be promptly handled without the need of an afterthought by the Goemon, who would help with the incarceration for the judged souls who were classified 'unworthy'.

Since no undesirable visitors were apprehended or discovered during the seven-day period, all the arisen guards were directly sent back to their graves as promised, leaving the once unsettled castle to once again be a place of solitude and silence. To say that Azrail enjoyed their presence would be a lie, for he very much scorned it whenever he would look outside, craving to take in the tranquil view of the forest only to observe as hundreds of guards marched around with gleaming armor and thumping weapons on their sides. In his opinion, their prominent presence spoiled the hushed forest that he so cherished and adored.

Given the seven days had passed, not only did the withdrawal of all the guards mark that day as a special occasion, but also the fact that he had to once again go back in contact with the God of Life himself.

Wrapping the report in half (Y/n) ranked it on top of the lofty golden pin that held all the other statements and signatures that he had to work with for the previous few hours; which, in the beginning, he would have never thought he could finish in such a short amount of time. Shoving away the inkwell (Y/n) lounged his head on the tip of the chair, his eyes meeting the ceiling as he examined the shifting galaxies with trivial awe. Never as a human would he have considered such a sight to become attainable; yet here he was as the God of Death, gawking at the universe itself as if it was nothing but a long-ago composed portrait. If he had to admit, he found this curious, being a god. All he wished was for the ultimate release of death—and so he became death. What a silly tale.

Gentle knocking disrupted his thoughts with who being behind the door was the recognizable spirit of Kallias which could be discerned from the other side, presumably carrying some more critical papers that needed to be confirmed, Azrail thought. "Come in." Hearing one door open silently, faint footsteps of Kallias moved closer to his desk, pausing soon after. "Urgent letter from the God of Life, my god." Grumbling in frustration, Azrail raised his head and stared down at the glorious envelope with apathetic eyes. Grabbing the envelope from Kallias' hand, Azrail snapped the seal and plucked out the white-colored paper, reading its writing thoroughly without his expression changing even for a second.

Just as he thought, all that this 'urgent message' was about was just about him following their weekly session to review the livings life and death situations. And frankly, this would be the worst part of his Earth week. Calmly rising from where he sat (Y/n) shuffled around Kallas as he pursued far behind, maintaining their distance as it was improper to remain too close to someone of his god's caliper. Sauntering out of the Passing Room, Azrail entered his room, ambling back towards his bed as he dropped back-first, unwinding his strained muscles.

Catching his god's euphoric image Kallias said—whilst still bowing: "Would you like for me to arrange for you a bath, my god?" Putting some consideration to his question Azrail hummed in thought before nodding his head, a minor grin on his face that spoke, "take your time" to an unusual significance. Bowing his head one last time, Azrail waved his hand, authorizing for Kallias to withdraw as he did so soon after, closing the double doors behind him.

Now in complete seclusion, Azrail caressed his hand through his hair, the feeling of its velvety texture softening him as he let out a deep, long sigh. He despised his palace more than anything in the world. It was so imposing, so enormous—room after room, all of them; desolate. What good was having an entire world to yourself if you had no one to share it with? Well, Kallias was there, but he was so stubborn to still respect him accordingly that Azrail predicted it would take an eon before Kallias could ultimately crackdown and comply. So for now, it was just him and that boundless world crammed with endless halls, with vast windows and spacious rooms. It was like this place was explicitly made, for then it could mentally impoverish the residents that were living inside instantly. Azrail wasn't certain why this world thought that such a construction would be appropriate for him, but as of right now, changing it would mean that he yielded to his former self, who detested loneliness and spacious places.