Prologue

The legend says that Jorvik once was a lifeless rock in the middle of a dark and cold ocean until the day a star fell from the sky.

From the impact of the star emerged a girl on horseback, shining from within with a glowing light. Majestically she rode across the surface of the ocean and her presence calmed the rough waters. In her right hand, she held the star of life; in her left, a golden harp.

The music of the harp awoke the surrounding nature. She lay the light down in the center of the island, both life and hope poured out of the cold nothingness. Warm and bright light and life spread from that single flame and what once was cold and dark bloomed with light and warmth. Everything was new. But the girl's spirit could not endure.

She dissolved into nature, into the winds, the rain, the raindrops of the dew. Some claim she remains there to this day. Listen carefully, and you might hear her in the wondrously clear song of the birds or feel her in the soft caress of the breeze on a warm summer's day.

As the island, now called Jorvik, came to alive and active with life, good and evil entered the world. Jorvik, located somewhere between Norway, Iceland, and the British Isles, of which it was once part, is a nexus of worlds. The heart of the worlds.

Jorvik has always had a unique bond with the horses that live on the island. Some people say that horses are the beating heart and soul of the island. Horse people come to experience the island's equestrian culture and abundance of horse breeds, and nature lovers seek it out to admire Jorvik's natural beauty. However, it's also sought out by some companies that want to ruthlessly exploit it's precious natural resources.

Light cannot exist without darkness, as darkness cannot exist without light. Dark days await the beautiful Jorvik. Evil is poised to be unleashed. The struggle between good and evil has been secretly raging for thousands of years. A great darkness known as Garnok hides in the depths of the ocean, biding its time, waiting just a little while longer. Yet, while the raging sea seethes and hisses, hope lives, for it is taking root in the secret order of druids who are dedicated to standing against this doomsday scenario. The five foremost champions of these druids are called the Soul Riders.

The Soul Riders are chosen girls who share a special bond with their horses. Through that bond, they acquire special powers to help them in their fight against evil. It has been many years since the Soul Riders defended Jorvik, but there are rumors that the time has come for the five sisters to become the new Soul Riders.

The legend tells us that in a time of despair and darkness a girl on horseback will return to bring light and hope to those who think everything is lost...