Chapter Five

Freya sighed and looked towards where Moorland Stables stood, she remembered when she had first visited Moorland Stables as a kid with no family, no home, no purpose. But everything had changed when she had recently discovered that she's the fifth Soul Rider. That's when Freya and Stormflight's popularity with Jorvik had flourished throughout the year. Everybody in Jorvik admires Freya's brave and kind spirit, the loyalty and respect that the horse and rider both shared together, the willingness to help other animals in need, and the help that they are willing to give to the people of Jorvik. There had been rumors that Freya had even won the respect of Galloper Thompson last Halloween. But Freya had decided to keep it a secret and won't confirm nor deny it if the rumor was true or not. She had opened gates to the once-locked up lands and united all of Jorvik once again. She had managed to outwit the GED company over a dozen times and had finally managed to band the GED from Jorvik. Many have claimed that there was no closer bond than Freya and Dawnsky's relationship with each other. Freya had became a skilled and talented horseback rider, Stormflight had became her constant adventure partner and loyal best friend. Freya and Stormflight had both moved to Silverglade Village. She had managed to track down once-lost druids (Nic Stoneground and Lisa Peterson), explored a few undiscovered lands, and had saved both Lisa and Justin's lives. Stormflight is like a mix of all of the Guardians, but she's like an older sister that Freya never had before. Freya had been taught how to use her magic by Elizabeth and the other Soul Riders without her rune wand for the last few weeks before she gotten it: Elizabeth had taught Freya the magic from the Sun Circle and being an occasional leader. Alex had taught Freya how to do the Lightning Circle and how to be a warrior in the face of danger. Linda taught Freya how to use the Moon Circle and to be a clever navigator of plans. Lastly, Lisa had taught her how to use the Star Circle and to be a healer of nature.
When they were searching for Concorde, Freya had met a Wild Whisperer named Rhiannon and her stallion, Nix. When Freya was learning how to become a Wild Whisperer, both Freya and Rhiannon's relationship had became similar to Alex and Elizabeth's relationship between each other. But the two of them barely argue or disagree with each other at all and they both agreed to talk to each other about opinions before any disagreements.
But unfortunately for her and the other Soul Riders, today was the same day that they had managed to rescue Anne von Blyssen from Pandoria. But during the collapsing confusion from the Paths of the Winds between their world and Pandoria, they had lost Elizabeth during a nasty ambush from Darko.
Freya turned look back at the others in concern: Anne sat next to Derek, Lisa and Linda both sat together as they comforted each other quietly, while Alex sat by herself and Justin stood next to Rhiannon and Avalon. Their horses stood behind their logs, while Concorde stood by Anne's side. They were all heavy with grief from Elizabeth's demise, who deserved a better fate than what had happened the day before. Freya silently noticed that Alex was keeping a fair distance away from Anne, who was looking at Alex guiltily. Anne had probably found out about Alex's past and her envious feelings towards her, and wants to have a do over with Alex.
"Where are we going from here?" Freya asked curiously, noticing the sad expressions on the grownups' faces.
"Who can say," said Evergray, a little sadly. "But before we look to the future, we must respect to the one who brought all of this." He looked at everyone evenly. "For centuries, Doyle's Abbey has been a sacred place for all of the people of Jorvik. It was a holy site for the earliest Druids. Wave after wave of immigrants of this island have made their way there for ceremonies and solace." Evergray sighed softly and looked at each of them solemnly. "Let us meet there to honor Elizabeth. Not a funeral — a chance to celebrate her legacy. We'll check on the druids to make preparations and reach out to those who knew her best."
"We should get going," Linda said.
"Yes," agreed Anne with a nod. "A nice ride should do all of us some good."
"It's a bit to walk," Evergray said with a slightly embarrassed look. "Could I hitch a ride with any of you?"
Freya rolled her eyes with a weary sigh, while Stormflight simply snorted and shook her head wearily. Unsurprisingly, Freya had became Evergray's ride, but something tells her that she needs to speak to Alex alone. Besides, she's beginning to loose her patience and that doesn't happened often.
"You could ride with me and Starshine," offered Lisa and gave a sympathetic smile to Freya and Stormflight.
"Alex," Linda turned to look at Alex. "Are you coming?"
"I'll be right behind you," Alex said quietly. "I just need a moment alone."
"Okay, Alex." Lisa smiled empathetically and understandingly to Alex. "If that's what you need. Don't forget — we love you."
"Yeah..." Alex mumbled. Everybody started to ride away, but only Freya and Stormflight remained with Alex and Tin-Can. Alex noticed Freya and Stormflight watching her. "Oh, hey. You're still here. I'm okay, really." Freya gave Alex a raised eyebrow and a skeptical look. "I just want need some time to get my head together before I could say goodbye." Freya's gaze softened and nodded understandingly. Alex looked up at Freya, her eyes darker than usual. "Could you maybe meet me before the memorial and we can ride there together?" Freya nodded with a gentle smile. "Let's meet at the bridge over the Silversong River. Where we met before rescuing Justin. You remember the one?" Freya nodded and looked at Alex in understanding. "Cool. See you there. Thanks for understanding."
Freya nodded before she mounted Dawnsky and rode away towards the bridge that's connected between the Harvest Counties and Moorland Stables.
⚡🌙🌟☀️
Freya and Stormflight met Alex and Tin-Can at the bridge. Freya remembered a good deal of memories about coming to this bridge before. She learned and done the Red String Trail Ride with many of her friends, going on great rides with her horses, and helped planned the rescue mission for Justin with both Alex and Linda.
"Thanks for meeting me here," said Alex with a half smile which became a frown. "I just needed a some space. I hope the others understand."
"Sure thing," Freya said gently. "They're your friends, but they'll understand."
"The memorial is starting soon at Doyle's Abbey," Alex said quietly. "We should start riding."
The two of them both rode away from the bridge in a steady walk when Alex said, "I used to think that everything would be alright once we got Anne back from Pandoria." Alex sighed softly before she continued, "Elizabeth would point the four of us in the right direction, we'd blow stuff up and hey, peace restored." Freya swallowed her chuckle by the way Alex had mildly put it and became serious as Alex said, "Then reality comes and punches me straight in the face. Guess I had that coming for daring to hope, huh?"
Freya shook her head, she always had always hoped for better times. It happens a lot of times, but there tends to be a few incidents when she looses her hope and learns too never loose the hope in what you believe in or what is right her cause.
"Hope can never be bad, Alex," Freya said quietly.
The two of them both started to canter on the split trail when they came across a growing tree and stopped next to each other again. But they soon stopped again when Alex had spoken and Freya was immediately by her side, "I try not to blame myself for what happened, but I just can't stop thinking about her." Alex glanced at Freya, who gestured for her to continue. "We'd get into this fights more than I could count. She was always scolding me for being too reckless and don't get me started on all of her stupid rules!" Freya allowed a small, amused snicker escaped, that sounded exactly like her own mother. "Before her, I never had that, you know?" Freya gave an inward flinch at Alex's heartbroken tone and looked at Alex, feeling more respect towards Alex. "I know Mom loved us and tried to provide for five kids as a single mom as best as she could, but... it wasn't enough. She wasn't there. I had to figure out how to keep food on the table, how to keep our clothes clean, where to hide the things you cared about so they wouldn't get stolen." Alex gave a small, inward smirk as she said, "I was always bailing James out of trouble, but there was no one to carry me when I fell. Until Elizabeth..." Freya now understands why Elizabeth and Alex were both very close to have a mother and daughter relationship. "When I did something stupid, she was the one who picked me up at the station. When I failed, she would tell me to try again. All those rules weren't her trying to make me into someone else. She was helping me by my best will. It was true, and I was too stubborn to see it."
Freya looked at Alex with sympathy and empathy. She knew what it was like to be trapped underneath a whole pile of rules, but she knew, deep inside herself, those rules that her mom and dad had gave her are to help her grow into her true potential to be proud of.
"Elizabeth was the first person to see me as not some angry kid raging against the world, but as someone better." Alex sighed and looked down, her eyes downcast. "Someone who could be a hero."
Freya almost recoiled at the sound of Alex's tone. Alex is one of the greatest heroes that Freya had ever seen in her whole entire life. Alex wasn't afraid to break some rules when necessary, she was brave enough to take on whatever seems stronger than her and was ready to lead the Soul Riders when times looked bleak. Alex will always be the great hero that Freya both admires and respects.
"She was right," Freya stated with a small smile. "You are a great hero, Alex."
Alex caught Freya's eye and said quietly, "Thanks, Freya. That means a lot."
The two riders rode up the trail that was a few feet away from Pony Point and across from Jon Jarl's resting place. They were almost at Doyle's Abbey and were about to join the others who came for the memorial. Freya finally realized that the sky was becoming gray with rain clouds and before she knew it, it had started to rain on them.
"But letting Elizabeth in is more than just a family," said Alex sadly and looked on the edge of crying. "She was our leader. More than Fripp, she was the one who showed us what it means to be a Soul Rider. Losing her... it's too much." Alex took a deep breath, as if it hurts too much breath. "I don't know if I'm ready to move on, Freya. I don't know if I can."
Freya sighed softly and nodded understandingly. Losing somebody isn't always easy, it's like receiving a scar, it will eventually heal. But it will take time to heal for such scars to heal, some more than others. Besides, Alex wasn't the only one with emotional scars that might take time to heal: Freya had lost her family before she had arrived to Jorvik. She also knew that both Lisa and Anne had lost both of their mothers and that Linda probably misses her parents and siblings.
"You're not alone, Alex," said Freya, her tone was gently reassuring. "We can help."
Alex remains silent, her eyes had a thoughtful and uncertain look in them as she thought through Freya's words. They soon arrived to Doyle's Abbey. She admired the beauty of the ruins: all of the candles had been lit up and it let out an amber glow, the sun shone through the clouds and onto the ruins. Lisa's music had been caught on the wind and had spread towards her. Freya dismounted Stormflight and left her with the other Guardians before she went to the other Soul Riders. The world around Freya was colorful. Amber and gold surrounded her. The soft fall of rain was appropriate for the occasion. Everyone's spirits were down, and the atmosphere were solemn and grieving.
"How are you holding up, Alex?" Lisa asked after she saw both Alex and Freya approached them.
"Ah, you know me," said Alex, almost like her usual self. "Knock me down, I get back up. Life goes on, right? I'll be fine."
Lisa looked at Alex with concern before saying, "Look Alex..." Lisa looked unsure of what to say. She glanced at Freya, who simple shrugged and watched on curiously. "Everyone will tell you that you have to move on. Like it's something you can get over. It's not. It will become with you all your life. It's something that you need to make a part of you, because you must live with it. Things never be fine "fine," but that's okay." Lisa met Alex's eyes with empathy going through her hazel eyes. "It's up to you how to handle that. Just don't forget that you have friends that are willing to be there for you."
After a moment's silence, Alex had finally said, "...That, I think I can do. Thanks, Lisa."
"Elizabeth might not be with us anymore," Lisa said. "But we are still Soul Riders, we'll would be with each other, every time, we will honor her memory." Lisa looked at Freya, still looking grief stricken. "At times like this, I find it easier to express my feelings wit my guitar. Stay and listen, if you'd like." Lisa suddenly had a faint thoughtful look in her eyes. "Do you think Elizabeth, wherever she is, can hear my song?" Freya nodded before looking at Alex and looked at the small amount of mourners at Doyle's Abbey uncertainly. Lisa soon started playing her guitar and sang, "Saying Goodbye." The song had made Freya started tearing up silently. She bowed her head and placed her hand over her over her heart.
Alex caught sight of this before she said, "Let's mingle a bit and meet up again afterwards." Alex walked towards where Maya was standing at.
Freya walked towards Linda, who looked like she was crying with both Anne and Derek by her side, Justin watched them with sympathy and was unsure of how to comfort them for a druid he had barely knew. Josh was sitting next to Lisa and was gently comforting her with the best of his efforts.
"Oh Elizabeth..." Linda let out a heartbroken sob and Freya placed a comforting hand on Linda's shoulder as she also blinked out her tears.
"I wish I had got the chance to know her," Derek said sympathetically as Justin joined them. "She meant so much to all of you..." He and Justin looked at them in slight confusion. "Do you think you could tell me a bit about what kind of person she was?"
"She was very brave and adventurous," admitted Freya with a slight smile as she remembered both her and Elizabeth's trip to the Valley of the Hidden Dinosaur. "She was extremely excited to have such an adventure at the Valley of the Hidden Dinosaur."
"Wait, what?" Anne and Linda both looked at Freya in surprise, while Derek and Justin were in astonishment.
"I'll explain later." Freya waved it off and looked at both Linda and Anne. "How about you tell us your stories of Elizabeth?"
"Elizabeth always knew how important it was for us to be together and stand stand as one," explained Linda. "I think she understood, better than anyone, what it meant to be a Soul Rider."
"Of course she did," Anne said softly. "She used to be a Soul Rider, just like us."
"Wait, what?" Derek gave Anne another confused frown.
"At first, when we all met," explained Anne. "I wasn't ready to accept this as my destiny. As a von Blyssen, you have certain expectations to live up to. That's what I was always told. I had to be careful of who I associated with or I would put my family's reputation at risk. Of course competing at dressage at my level daily practice. It's not as if I could give up on all of that to chase monsters in the night." Anne gave Freya a small empathetic smile. "My powers didn't come easy. I saw how Alex's gift just flowed out of her, almost as if it were intvition. It didn't help that Fripp expected even more of me than my own parents!" Anne sighed and shook her head. "I tried to hide my struggles from others, but Elizabeth saw right through it. She took me aside and told me about her own journey. How lost she felt when she discovered her magic, she came to understood, and find confidence in who she is." Anne's eyes took on a bit of sadness as she said, "Elizabeth spent a good of time with me after that, watching me about what it meant to be part of the Sun Circle. From all of her help and guidance, I learned something far important than magic. She taught me to stand up and be myself. I found my place among my friends, and eventually, dared to tell my parents about my own dreams."
"Adults might seem like they have all of the answers, but they struggle just like the rest of us," said Linda. "I'm glad Elizabeth wasn't afraid of showing that." Linda smiled slightly, but her eyes remained sad. "When I would ask her question that she didn't know the answer to, she would still encourage me to go find the answer, and give me the guidance needed to find out more." Linda looked a little more thoughtful before saying, "Even the times when she didn't tell us anything, I think it was still her way of trying to protect us."
"Even to the point of being overprotective," Anne added.
"No one is perfect," said Linda. "We're all the sum of our experience."
"Not only a good mentor, but somebody who cared a lot about all of you." Derek looked at them with sympathy. "Will you you still be alright with all this magic-destiny thing without her?"
"If Elizabeth taught us anything, it's that we have to count on each other," said Linda. "Alone we don't have the courage or the answers to go on, but together..."
"We're a team," Anne finished for Linda with a soft tone of newfound hope and confidence. "It's all Elizabeth ever wanted."
Freya soon went to speak to more of the mourners and heard more stories about Elizabeth when she was younger and that Elizabeth was very feisty and rebellious as Alex, at least that's what Herman had told her. Spymaster told Freya how much he had grieved over Elizabeth and how he had remembered her by just holding her hairbrush. When Freya spoke to Nic, she learned that he was supposed to be a druid out of his birthright, but wanted to be a explorer and how Elizabeth supported him. Apparently, Mrs Holdsworth agreed and wished to know Elizabeth a little bit better, despite her being a friendly retired witch past. Captain Brus had told Freya that Elizabeth was a stowaway who ran away from her homeland to find a new home in Jorvik.
Freya walked towards Alex and Maya, who were both standing together and gestured for Sasha to come to speak to them.
"I wish I could have known her better," Maya said regretfully. "I'd say hello to Elizabeth whenever I came to Valedale to see Alex, but I always felt a little bit awkward around her." She caught sight of Freya's skeptical expression. "But don't get me wrong, she was always super polite, but it's like she was always waiting for me to put my foot in my mouth."
Alex chuckled at Freya's confused frown before she pointed out to Maya, "You did kinda snook into the Secret Stone Circle. I don't think I've ever seen Fripp so angry."
"I wanted to know how I could be a great hero, just like you," admitted Maya, sounding a little sheepish.
"I'm your hero?" Alex said, surprised. "Wow, sure setting those jumping bars a bit low huh, Dew? Being a hero didn't really turned out to be all that it was cracked up to be."
"You don't have to be a Soul Rider to be a hero, Maya," Freya said softly. "I have a couple of friends who are heroes and they aren't Soul Riders."
"That doesn't sound like the Alex I know," commented Maya as she nodded to Freya her thanks to her. "The Alex I know wouldn't spend her time pitying herself! She'd get out there, smite her enemies, and return triumphantly to me to crash on my couch and eat all my cheese curts."
Alex gave Maya a playful glare, while Freya rolled her eyes and started to giggling at Alex's annoyance and was slightly amused by Maya's description of Alex's heroics.
"What can I say?" Alex commented playfully. "Being a hero makes me hungry. You always do seem to have plenty of cheese curts..."
Freya rolled her eyes before walking towards Agnetha and Conrad to hear their stories about Elizabeth. According to Agnetha, she was best friends with Elizabeth when she was not busy with her druid duties. Freya allowed Agnetha to put a spare red rose above her right ear before Freya went towards Avalon, Rhiannon, and Calanthe. The gray mare was deeply upset about her owner's demise and Freya thought she could hear silent crying from Avalon.
"Calanthe will need someone to look after her now," said Rhiannon. "I think you need someone to look after you too. You would make a great pair together."
Calanthe whinnied softly and scratched the ground with a hoof. She shook her head and started grazing.
"Rhiannon, I— I don't know if I have the time to look after a puppy much less a horse!" Avalon said, sounding startled and unsure. He had gave his stallion to Farrah. "Because of council matters, and tending to Fripp..."
"How about Evergray?" asked Freya curiously, making Calanthe looked up in interest and curiosity.
"My brother?" Avalon sounded very surprised with slight annoyance. "But he's the very embodiment of irresponsibility!"
"...That is actually perfect, Freya!" Rhiannon's praise made Freya blushed. "Hey, Evergray!"
"Yes, I'm right here." Evergray wiped a tear out of his eye as he limped over. Calanthe neighed softly and titled her head at Evergray. "Hey, aren't you a friendly fella? I have to say, I'm sorry for your loss." Calanthe nodded and looked at Evergray curiously.
"She does seem to like you brother," commented Avalon softly.
"You two are cute together," Rhiannon said to them. "How would you like a four-hoofed companion for life, Evergray?"
Calanthe shakes her head and she seemed slightly annoyed when Rhiannon had mentioned "cute."
"She seems fine with me," said Evergray with a smile. "But objects to being called cute."
"You have something in common then," Avalon gently teased his older brother.
"Hey, I'm adorable!" protested Evergray.
"As I see it, the two of you are already forming a bond," Rhiannon said with a smile. "Calanthe will need someone to look after her, and you could need someone to teach you about responsibility."
"It would be nice to have someone that could take where I needed to go," said Evergray. "I can't keep hitching rides with Freya forever." Evergray turned to look at Calanthe curiously. "How about it, girl?"
Calanthe whinnied and gently nuzzled Evergray, seeking the scent of her new owner. Freya nodded to Rhiannon and Avalon before running towards Stormflight, Starshine, Meteor, Tin-Can, and Concorde. The silvery-gray filly looked up at Freya curiously before looking down at the grass again.
"I feel for Concorde," whinnied Tin-Can sympathetically. "She is still too young to comprehend what really happened, but she can feel that something is wrong."
Concorde whinnied softly, she looked kinda cute with the rose in her short white mane.
"One sun has faded from our world," Meteor explained sadly. "And it pains our little sister."
"Old friend..." neighed Starshine. "Listen to the music around you. Elizabeth lives on in Lisa's song and in the memories who loved her." Starshine looked at Concorde with a gentle glow in his blue eyes. "She lives on in you, Concorde. The bond you shared is part of you for all time, until Aideen's return. The legacy of every Soul Rider of the Sun lives on in you."
Concorde let out a whinny, but she sounded more happier and energetic than before. The dark sadness had started to brighten up with more joy and happiness that Freya had ever seen in Concorde.
Freya spoke to Farrah and Kora. She learnt that her two druid friends had been both supported by Elizabeth. Farrah was taught about all sorts of herbs in nature and how to make things the druid way. Kora was a little nervous and shy, but she had told them that Elizabeth had never judged Kora when they first met and she had always treated the animals with respect (which Freya had seen at the graduation ceremony of spy animals).
Freya walked back to Alex and the other Soul Riders. Alex greeted Freya with a smile and a nod, the heavy grief that was inside Alex seemed to be have became lighter on her. They would always share the same experience that they had during the aftermath of Anne's rescue.
"Looks like the people are starting to leave," Alex commented. "Let's have a sort meet-up, Soul Riders only."
All of the Soul Riders went towards the clearing on the right side of the others, where it's less crowded with other mourners.
"I never realized how many lives Elizabeth had touched," said Lisa as she glanced at Agnetha, Kora, Farrah, Nic, Rhiannon, Brus, Mrs. Holdsworth, Avalon, and Evergray. "It was amazing to see so many gathering here for the ceremony."
"I'm still tearing up from your song, Lisa," Anne said, she was trying to wipe off some stray tears from her eyes. "Elizabeth would have loved it."
"Yeah, she would," agreed Freya with a sad smile. "She has some of your recordings from your concerts at Jorvik City that I gave her."
"I overheard Avalon quietly sobbing beneath his hood as he was leaving," Linda said, catching Freya's startled look. "He tries not to show it, but this had been hard on him."
"How are you feeling, Freya?" Lisa looked at Freya in concern. Stormflight stepped up behind Freya and placed a comforting muzzle on her shoulder, while she started petting Stormflight's cheek. A silent and comforting understanding went between them.
"I'm glad I've got the chance to know her," said Freya quietly with a half smile as she looked up at the other Soul Riders. Freya was really glad to meet such a kind and generous mentor, who was more than happy enough to train her how to control the Sun Circle and was quick to give Freya the advice and guidance that she had needed during her adventures.
"Me too," Alex agreed with a small smile.
Freya looked at each of them: Alex, a brave and rebellious leader with the heart of a warrior. Linda, a clever and calm navigator with a curious streak. Lisa, a considerate and caring healer with a headstrong mind. Lastly, there's Anne, a humble and generous warrior with a sense of leadership.
"What do we do now?" asked Freya curiously.
"Our mission didn't die with Elizabeth," Alex said. "We're Soul Riders. We ride on."
"But where do we start?" whispered Linda, as they all looked at Alex.
"We are going to need to do something about Concorde," Anne said as she looked at her reborn horse in confusion and uncertainty. "I can't go very well go into a battle with a foal."
"Fripp is still in a coma," pointed out Lisa.
"Right, there's obviously some issues we will need to deal with," Alex agreed with a nod.
"But we can deal with them together." Lisa nodded her agreement to Alex with a small smile. "Nothing is over, this is just another beginning."
"We should take some time to think about it," suggested Linda. "Try to gather our thoughts and then decisions what to do next."
"In the meantime, we should make sure we get some time to hand out together," Alex agreed. "Now when none of us are in active peril."
"And make sure we spend some time with our families and other loved as well," added Anne.
"Perhaps our first course of action could be to get something edible?" Meteor neighed. "It felt highly inappropriate to graze on these grounds."
"This rose is starting to really inch on my tail," nickered Tin-Can restlessly. "I'm ready to get going."
Freya watched as the others had also mounted their horses. But only Anne had to hitch a ride with Linda on Meteor.
"Elizabeth will always be a part of me," Alex said on the back of Tin-Can. "Part of us all. We keep her spirit alive by using the lessons she passed on to us." Alex smiled at Freya, who smiled back at her. "I know that I have friends that I can rely on and I will keep doing my best to be the hero she saw in me. I hope she will watching us, wherever she is." Alex looked at the bouquets of flowers that was rested on the floor by the tree inside the ruins. "Goodbye Elizabeth. I'll always love you."
The Soul Riders, except Alex, had rode off together. Freya looked up at Alex in confusion, wondering why she wasn't going with them. Alex looked at Freya, both sadness and gratitude had went over her expression. Alex nodded to her before she rode after the others.
Freya was soon pulled into a hug by Stormflight. Freya pulled back from the hug and looked up at her mare. There was sadness and pride in her eyes.
"I'm so proud of you, Freya," said Stormflight. "You had grown into a brave and kind young lady. You had helped others find their place with your advice and guidance. You had always needed help to finding your place, but now I'm proud of you that you had found your place in Jorvik. What you had done in the rescue was the most noblest thing I had ever seen you do. You shown hope when things seemed very bleak. Your courage has inspired others. I'm very proud of you my dear, you'll grown into a great warrior one day."
"Thanks Stormflight." Freya mounted Stormflight had started to ride back to Silverglade Village.
Freya smiled down at Stormflight before looking at where the flowers were planted at. Freya looked up at the sky and breathed in deeply, the rain was like a parting gift from Elizabeth. The first stars of Elizabeth's constellation had began to appear in the amber sky.
"Goodbye Elizabeth," whispered Freya to the sky. "I thank you for all of the guidance and encouragement that you had given me and Stormflight at the very beginning of our journey of becoming a Soul Rider. I also speak on the behalf of the other Soul Riders who wanted to show their gratitude for your aid of helping them become Soul Riders too."
A warm of sunbeam had shone down on Freya and Stormflight, while the rain has begun to decrease. It was going to be a strange destiny without Elizabeth to guide them in the future.