Chapter Two

Freya had managed to get herself ready for the day when she saw a boy around her age with a gray Jorvik terrier by his side. He has warm forest green eyes, dark skin and short black hair. He was wearing a green sweater along with a white blouse, brown pants and long black boots. He was holding out flyers for something, Freya had walked towards the incoming crowd as her curiosity had started to kick in. Freya started walking towards the boy curiously, but she flinched back when the boy's dog had started barking.
"Rolph, heel!" scolded the boy and his dog quieted down, he smiled reassuringly at Freya. "I'm Skip."
"I'm Freya," replied Freya. "What are you doing in these parts?"
"I need some volunteers to help me and Hugh to get the Rescue Ranch up and running," Skip explained as he showed the flyer to her.
Freya took the flyer and looked down at it curiously at the sight of the grassy plains of South Hoof before she looked up at the open, friendly face of in front her as she said, "I might be interested staying at South Hoof."
"Really?" Skip smiled at her, which made her smiled back shyly. "Great." He soon showed Freya some paperwork and she immediately signed it, since she knew in her heart that she's making the right choice.
When she was asleep on the bus, she had dreamt that she was riding a horse. Freya had this dream before, more times than she could count. It was pretty faint and out of focus, but this one was clear and really vivid. Sometimes it was light and sometimes it was dark, though Freya don't know why. But she guessed that it was based off her emotions, light is when she's happy or excited and dark is when she's angry or sad.
Together with her horse, which was silvery-gray splashed with white, Freya flew across the endless green fields. Freya and the horse were the perfect team. The gallop was smooth and flowing. Her commands were almost unnoticeable.
She knew this horse well. It had been appearing in her dreams since she was a little girl.
In elementary school, Freya drew a silvery horse on all of her drawn horses. Nobody tried to argue with Freya about her choice of color, due to her stubbornness. This particular horse did have a silver coloring. Freya knew it did, because that's how it had looked in het dreams.
It had been a long time since Freya had dreamt about this horse. But yet, it still felt familiar. It felt like coming home. Freya welcomed it as a comforting, but very unique and slightly confusing dream.
Had she finally come home now? Finally? Ever since Freya was little, she had felt an inexplicable urge to be somewhere be. Where to find it or if it even existed. But Freya knew, in her heart, is that this horse lived in somewhere on an beautiful island in the middle of the sea. Could Jorvik possibly be that place? Her birthplace? She doesn't know what it was, but she somehow knew that she belonged in Jorvik, the heart of the world.
In her dream, it was sunny and windy. Birds were singing. The whole setting was almost too perfect.
But a small, glowing squirrel-like figure had came across Freya and her horse. When she turned to look down at the unique critter, it had stood there as Freya and her horse both came to a stop in front of the unique woodland critter.
"The time is now," the magical being had squeaked to her before Freya had woken up in her seat.
⚡🌙🌟🌤
Freya had finished packing her things into her duffel bag and was waiting at the bus stop with a few others. Freya was looking around nervously and inched closer to the shade. It wasn't long till the bus had arrived and Freya had paid the bus driver to take her to Fort Pinta. Freya sighed and inched closer to her seat, she looked over at the window next to her.
The landscape had changed dramatically. The city was long gone behind her. The bus had went its way through a mountain pass. Craggy green mountains loomed overhead, some still wearing the last vestiges of snow on their peaks. She had seen astonishing pictures of Jorvik. High mountains, gentle rolling hills and slopes, and a rich shade of emerald green that almost looked photoshopped. The sparkling, vast blue sea around the island seemed endless. It brought the stories of colorful fairy tales she'd read when she was little to life.
She inched closer to the window, not willing to be seen by anybody. Freya waited a few more hours and watched as the others they either gotten off the bus or had gotten onto the bus. That's when she saw Fort Pinta coming to view. It's a town intended for tourists. It can be reached most easily by a narrow stone bridge and sits on a stone outcrop that overlooks the ocean.
Freya paid for her ride and gotten off the bus with the other volunteers for the ride towards South Hoof. A good deal of people were talking with each other and Freya stepped to the side awkwardly as she watched the tourists checking out Fort Pinta, some were even dancing in the disco area with a good deal of music being played there. But as she looked around, Freya felt a little overwhelmed and amazed as she watched the town had started to come to life.
She saw a lot of people walking around and had horses with them, but Freya had caught the eye of a girl on the beach with her horse. The girl has messy, tawny hair and an open, lively face that brimmed with maturity and wisdom. Her bright brown eyes shone with hidden leadership and mischief. By the girl's side is a small, muscular golden chestnut horse with a long, wild mane and tail. The horse is actually really pretty, with an unruly forelock and mischievous air. But when Freya realized he was looking at her, his big brown eyes felt almost... human? If she didn't know any better, she would have thought he was trying to tell her something. That made Freya feel really comfortable, so she looked away.
Who was that? wondered Freya as she started walking away and looking around Fort Pinta curiously. Is it true about those horse rumors? If it is, how come it feels like I'm the only one who feels it?
But now, she wants a partner more than anything in the world. Not just a human partner or a pet partner... She wants a horse partner to be at her side. She had seen a huge deal of people with their horses and they almost seemed to be... bonded with each other somehow. Freya wants to have that bond too with her own horse just as well.
Freya's eyes shone with a stunning light as she remembered her dream and continued walking past a good deal of horses that were either in the stables or in small pastures. One by one, each horse and pony has lifted their heads to look at the girl as she continued walking by herself. Freya was surprised to see that the horses were staring at her with open curiosity as she walked by her. She was a little confused by that, but she continued walking by herself.
"People who had signed up to help the Rescue Ranch, come over here!" She walked towards Skip as he started to regather everyone who had signed up. "It's time to go everyone." He gestured towards their bags. "Remember to bring your things and to stay with each other till we arrive to South Hoof."
Everybody nodded and muttered a yes, except Freya and she only nodded in response as she gathered her duffel bag and strapped it over her shoulder as she headed down towards the docks besides Skip and the others.
But meanwhile, a girl named Alex Cloudmill was leading Tin-Can towards their friends when they caught sight of the mysterious girl and continued heading towards their friends after the unknown girl looked away from them.
"Hey guys, I saw somebody unusual." Linda, Lisa, and their horses turned to look at Alex as she led Tin-Can towards them. "She had all of the horses staring at her for some reason."
"You mean her?" Linda suggested and everybody turned to see the girl amongst a group of volunteers that were heading towards South Hoof to help out fix up the Rescue Ranch when they saw the girl standing next to Skip and being watched by the horses.
The girl was slender, but she has hidden strength dancing underneath her lightly tanned skin. The girl's long, wavy hair shimmered like a golden waterfall and was being tied by a brown-blue hair tier by the girl. Her skin is lightly tanned from her time in the sun. Her eyes are sparkling deep ocean blue with a secretive, spirited fire. She's dressed in a green jacket with a yellow horseshoe on the front, but it was opened up to reveal a light blue t-shirt with a yellow horse motif and a silver necklace with a shining diamond charm. She also has dark blue pants that's curled up at her dark brown boots and fingerless light blue gloves on her hands.
"We have to wait and see for ourselves," said Meteor.
"She's very mysterious," Tin-Can admitted.
"Something tells me that there's something special about that young girl," said Starshine. "But Meteor is right. Only time will tell when we cross paths again."
The Soul Riders and their horses couldn't help, but notice that a good deal of horses were looking at the girl for some reason and seemed to be fascinated by the mysterious newcomer. They didn't know it, but the horses could see a beautiful golden-silvery aura surrounding the girl. They know that there's something special about the mysterious girl, but she needs to find her partner and they'll be ready to take on the world of Jorvik together and protect the beautiful land together with their sisters and siblings.
⚡🌙🌟🌤
Standing on the highest cliff of the mountains, a mythical blue and red squirrel-like figure was looking towards Fort Pinta and felt the amazingly bright aura across the land. It seemed to calm down the horses, warmed the people, and put the spirits at ease.
"She's here," whispered the figure. "It's time."