New School

I'd always thought that vampires, werewolves, mermaids, witches and zombies were all just made up. But, it turned out, I was wrong. They were all real. They'd been hiding amongst us this whole time! But, they'd revealed themselves to the world a few weeks ago. Maybe they were sick of hiding or something.

I loved supernatural things, like books, movies and TV programmes with vampires and werewolves in them. However, the thought of them being real terrified me. What was even worse was that my parents were making me move from Belfast to some place called Belcoo that I'd never even heard of. The place was supposedly packed with supernatural creatures. It was horrendous — they'd got me enrolled in a school full of those supernatural monsters.

All my things were packed, so I left my lovely house. It was the house I'd lived in my entire life, and I was sad to be leaving it behind. The house was attached to other houses, it was coloured like brown sugar. I'd miss my friends and neighbours a lot more than the house; now, I was going to have to completely start over and make new friends.

It was chilly outside and the sky was a dark grey colour. This was a typical horrible day in Northern Ireland. My mood matched the weather because I wasn't happy about moving, especially to a place that was so terror inducing.

My dad put my purple suitcase into the boot of the car. He was tall and thin, and had short brown hair; he wore glasses, just like me. His skin was ghostly white and so was mine — people might end up thinking we were vampires, especially when we were moving to a place infested with them.

“Do we really have to go?” I asked and sighed.

“Yes, this place is much cheaper now that everyone knows how many supernatural beings are there. Loads of the ordinary humans moved away. Anyway, you're obsessed with vampires and werewolves. You love Twilight, it'll be just like that.” He smiled, then patted my shoulder.

“Yeah, but not in real life! They're scary!”

“Oh, you'll be fine. We've all been living with them for years, and nothing has gone wrong.”

“They probably cover up their crimes. Like a werewolf could get away easily because people would assume it was an animal attack. Vampires could easily drink someone's blood and make it look like a cooking accident or a suicide.”

“Calm yourself, I'm sure they don't do that.”

It could easily be done, and loads of them probably did it. I was dreading moving to Belcoo and going to a new school. Would there even be an internet connection at this place? It seemed to be in the middle of nowhere.

Mum came out of the house with her pink suitcase. She was short and had long ginger hair like me. She also had very pale white skin.

“Are we all ready to go?” Mum asked.

“Unfortunately yes.” I sighed.

Dad put her suitcase in the boot, then we all piled into the car. The drive to Belcoo took about two hours, so it was a long drive. There was no way I'd get to see my friends often because they were too far away now.

Belcoo was a small village and there were a few pubs and shops, but not much more. But, there was a big park, which seemed nice enough. It'd probably be a hotspot for all the monsters in the area, though.

We got to our new house, which was detached, but close to other houses — I would've much preferred it if we were ages away from any creepy neighbours. In a place like this, everyone would know who we were, we'd stick out like a sore thumb because we were humans. The houses around here looked like regular houses, they were all white, although some had a bit of dirt on them. However, inside them wasn't normal at all because there were monsters in the houses.