Vile Vampires

It was my second day at this new school, and I hoped that I'd find Min-bae and Jodie quickly because everyone else was scary. I didn't really know where most of the classrooms were because the school was quite big, and I hadn't even been here for a week. Thankfully, I remembered where the registration class was, so walked straight there, gaining a few stares on my way. The door was open, I walked in and looked for Jodie and Min-bae. They were at the back again, and they noticed me and waved. I went over and sat beside Jodie.

“Hey,” I said.

“Hey, looking forward to another day?” Jodie asked.

“Uh, definitely not.” I shook my head.

The subjects that I was learning were fine, but my classmates were scary, and some of the teachers made the room feel eerie.

“Aww, what can I do to help?” Min-bae asked.

It was sweet that he was trying to help, but he couldn't exactly help me get over my fears of vampires and zombies.

“I don't think there's anything you can do. I suppose, keep everyone away from me. They all stare at me and I hate it.”

“We don't see many humans, especially not ones our age. I think everyone's just curious,” Jodie replied.

“Maybe, but it makes me uncomfortable.”

“By next week, you'll be old news.” Min-bae smiled.

“I really hope so.”

I couldn't go through the entire year with everyone staring at me, it would be far too awkward.

“Oh, by the way, you asked about Zeke yesterday. I forgot to tell you that he has an older brother, Mo, who's the most popular and powerful around here. He's only a year older than us, so you might see him in the hallways or something. Also, they're related to the most powerful vampire family in Egypt,” Min-bae said.

“Wow, I'd better not make him angry, then.”

A powerful vampire family could probably do whatever they wanted and get away with it. I'd have to be a bit nicer to Zeke from now on, and not attack him.

“I've never seen Zeke get angry, to be honest.” Jodie shook her head. “Mo, however, is a different matter.”

“Are you doing anything after school?” Min-bae asked, while looking at me.

“Uh, I don't think so.”

“Then, do you want to hang out with us? We could show you around the area.”

“Sure, I'll need to text my parents, though.”

It would be fun to see more of the area, since I hadn't really been anywhere other than my new house and school. I sent a quick text asking if I could hang out with Jodie and Min-bae after school; thankfully, my mum texted back soon, saying that it was fine.

“Actually, that reminds me, we don't have your number,” Jodie said.

“Oh yeah, let me give it to you,” I replied, then told them my number, and they put it into their phones. “So, where do you two live?” I asked.

“We live in a wee village called Belcoo, it's not far from here,” Min-bae replied, and my eyes widened.

“Oh my God! I live there!” I exclaimed.

“Aww, that's so cool. We all live in the same area,” Jodie said with a smile.

“Yeah, it's great.” I nodded.

Mrs Winter came into the room, and started the roll call. Anyone who wasn't here would be in trouble; from what I'd seen, Mrs Winter was very grumpy with the students who came in late.