Mo is Terrifying

My mum had to go into work early today, so she dropped me off at school forty-five minutes early. I walked up the grey steps, then into the gleaming white building. It looked so innocent for a school that was full of beats. If Min-bae and Jodie weren't in this early, I'd be far more fearful than usual. I went straight to my registration class, and tried to open the door by pulling, then pushing, but it was locked. I'd just have to wait outside until someone opened the door. There weren't many people around, so hopefully, no one would bother me.

We weren't supposed to use our phones in school, and I didn't really want to risk getting caught using it, so I just stood waiting patiently.

I'd been staring off into space, when someone stood in my way. This person was tall, so I hoped it was Min-bae because he was very tall. But, if it was him, wouldn't he have said something?

I looked up and saw blood-red eyes. The guy in front of me had light-brown skin, and long black hair, which went down a bit past his chin.

“Hey, you're Fiona, right?” He asked with a smile, showing his ginormous fangs.

Why did all these vampires have to be so interested in me? And why did they all have to be so perfect looking? It just wasn't fair.

“Uh, yeah, I am.”

“I know you're in the same class as my brother, Zeke. You be careful with him, he's very sensitive.”

This guy must've been Mo — the one who ran the school. He was insanely creepy, he was acting friendly, but it seemed like it was in a fake way. Like those smiley people who turn into cold psychos within seconds.

“Umm, okay. I'll be his friend if that's what you want.”

I already sat with Zeke in a few of my classes, so it wouldn't be too difficult to be friends with him.

“That will do. For now,” Mo replied, and patted my arm.

My heart was beating superfast, which stressed me, since Mo could likely hear every single beat.

“You make sure to keep him happy, and don't break his fragile heart. Otherwise, you'll have to answer to me,” Mo said, and his charming smile had disappeared.

“I don't think I can be responsible for his happiness. And, you may think you run this school, but I'll date whoever I like.” I folded my arms.

Why did I just do that? Mo could murder me, and no one would even bat an eye. He'd get away with it.

“You watch how you speak to me!” He shouted, then punched the wall beside me.

I jumped out of my skin, and looked at the massive hole in the wall. Min-bae and Jodie hadn't been lying when they'd said Mo had anger issues. This was absolutely terrifying, and there didn't seem to be anyone around to help.

Just then, a boy walked round the corner, but his eyes widened, presumably because Mo was around. He walked right back round the corner.

“I was going to let you be friends with Zeke for a while, but now that you've annoyed me, that isn't the deal anymore.”

“Uh, what?” I asked with wide eyes.

What did this lunatic want me to do now?

“Well, now you're going to have to ask Zeke on a date. I'm sure you're well aware of how shy he is. He'd never have the guts to ask you out, so you have to do it.” He smirked. I'd never get used to seeing vampire fangs.

I noticed Min-bae come round the corner, and as soon as he saw me with Mo, he ran over.

“What are you doing?” He glared at Mo.