4) Reveal

When that night came, the dark sky was filled with dancing stars. The ebony ink spills the stars out to dance with the beautiful blue moon that only appears every few years. Humans feared this time, perhaps its because they were afraid the faes will come for them.

Y/N stays up like usual to watch the moon shine its light upon the dark world, her wondering eyes count the stars silently as she hopes that maybe that night will be the night she will see a familiar face again.

She's waited for a blue moon to appear however when it finally does, she's found no luck. This year she assumes just the same as it seems her friend must've already been well and forgotten about her.

Standing up from her window sill to close the curtains Y/N's ears perks at the sound of a door. Her instinct jumps out and immediately she steps out to check for intruders.

The moment Y/N steps down from her wooden stairs she noticed the door was wide open, meaning somebody had barged in. Y/N furrows her brows and cautiously turns around in case they may jump on her. Seeing nothing and nobody she steps outside to look for anything else that could be out of the ordinary.

Y/N's ears pick up the sound of heavy, rushed footsteps, turn around and somebody leaps off the porch and came towards her, instead of a creepy old man that she had assumed followed her from the market, she was faced to face with a strange young man who remains standing where he is.

Like Deja Vu, the blue moon hung above the starry night sky dipped in ink like the first night that they've met. However, this time the meeting was different than before.

"Who are you? How did you get in here?" said the frightened girl, who looks at the blonde-haired boy with blue tips at the ends, with a bewildered look on her face. Shock filled her eyes as she felt a strange yet familiar tug on her heartstring that she's long tried to forget years ago.

The young man who wears the same surprised look as hers, smile with wide eyes, his beautiful blue eyes brim with tears as he couldn't think of what to say to his long lost owner who has forgotten all about him.

"I'm..." His voice softens confusing Y/N, "Do you not remember the little Blue Moon?"

Judging from the look on her face, Eric assumed that she had forgotten already.

Or is it just because he was not in the right appearance?

Instead of the same four legs and paws, with sharp ears and a bushy tail like Y/N remembers it, it was a stranger who she has never seen before in her life, yet here he was claiming to have known her.

Is he insane?

Y/N's eyes widen but then she backs away, "How did you know---wait. Who are you, like I asked?"

Eric chuckles and silently holds himself back as the realization occurs to him that she doesn't believe him but how can he blame her when she had never seen him reach his potential to obtain this form?

"It's really you," said the young fellow with blonde blue tips, "Y/N."

Eric steps forward closer to her figure, her scent flooding his nose in familiarity and he sighs in relief.

Y/N backs away hesitantly but something about the look in his eyes and the way they glowed blue wasn't helping either. Tonight is the night of the blue moon yet here she is struggling to get whoever this stranger was out of her property.

Wait.

Blue Moon.

What this stranger said did not sound like a coincidence. Just how would he know who Little Blue Moon was when she doesn't even have a friend who she's told.

There's no way...this stranger was...

"You're my little Blue Moon, right?" Asks Y/N who isn't so sure of the answer. It may only make her sound crazier than usual.

The man smiles and nodded, "My Birth Name is Eric Sohn, but yes my nickname given to me by you was Little Blue Moon."

Y/N stares up at him strangely, her heart thumps in an irregular way, and without realizing it sooner, a small tear trickles down her face.

Eric panics his protective instincts jump out again and he softly kisses the tears away, a strange action Y/N haven't felt for years.

However, now that he was in a human state she only backs away from his little kisses which confuses the young man.

Y/N pulls the satin robe of her nightgown tighter, her eyes blinking in confusion as Eric looks back at her with sparkling ones.

"If you're a Wolf..." Eric nodded happily Y/N only looks away a bit ashamed, "Then where are your ears and tails?"

The young man chuckles at her words.

"I didn't want to scare you, that's all but I supposed you want some sort of proof, huh?" Y/N nodded in return and Eric nodded in understanding.

Carefully he leans forward, startling Y/N, His ears, and Tails appears. His Wolf tail wags excitingly behind him as his ear slightly twitches. Y/N blinked and carefully she softens at his appearance.

"Those are real?" Eric hummed in response again.

Gently, Y/N touches his face with the palms of her hand and carefully he stares into his eyes. Eric's blue eyes glow as he slightly raises an eyebrow in amusement. A warm blush creeps up her face and she finally found what she was searching for. Underneath his eye underline was a mole, just like Little Blue Moon.

Her heart softens, "I found you, it is you." She smiles in relief.

This time Y/N could hold herself back no more and immediately engulfs her old companion into a tight warm hug. One in which the Wolf boy returns happily now that he's finally reunited with his lost owner.

"I missed you so much," Eric nuzzle into the crook of her neck, inhaling her sweet flowery scent, an action he usually does as a pup. The actions sparked a strange sensation in Y/N's chest in which she lets go of the embrace quickly.

She look back at him unsure of what was going on with her. Eric was a puppy that she saved from the night of the blue moon many years back and together the two created a bond of friendship. One where you developed trust between two living beings but somehow seeing Eric in a strange appearance like her folks was a bit alarming to her senses.

He was a bit too attractive in his new form which Y/N believes isn't a good thing between them.

Eric blink, clearly he has no idea about female and male interactions along with how intimate actions work. He assumes they were friends who longed for one another's presence after many years of disappearance.

If only he knew what this new feeling stirring between them slowly then he probably would've been a bit light on his actions. After all, actions do tend to speak louder.

"Eric," Y/N speaks, and his ear jolt up, she finds it strangely cute, "tonight is the blue moon which means your folks can come out, right?"

Eric figures she was going to ask him something regarding his folks and magic. He sighs sheepishly before speaking, "I guess you can say that it's more like your folks are going to invade our forest? I'm in charge of keeping you guys out but not too long ago I've told Hyunjae to cover for me. He agreed as long as I don't cause trouble among the human folks." He chuckles at the last sentence. Y/N nodded although she don't quite understand the concept of it.

Looking back down to her bracelet, Y/N suddenly remembers the strange conversation from that morning regarding the omen of Moonstones.

Eric noticed the way she looks down at her bracelet and lightly tap both of her should with his two hands. His smiles continue to get brighter and brighter the longer they talk.

It was odd to hear him speak when she's been used to nothing but his tiny whines and silent barks inside her bedroom. Y/N supposed that this is something new that she'll have to discover herself.

"Eric, what does giving a moon stone to a person means in your Magical Forest?"