5) Butterfly

The male blinks his eyes for a few seconds and then his ear twitches. His tail wags came to a halt and he sheepishly scratch his neck. A small chuckle escapes his pretty lips. 

Y/N furrow her brows, "Blue--I mean Eric." She said sternly and Eric sighs in defeat. 

"It doesn't mean anything bad to be honest but..." His voice trails off and Y/N grabs his shoulders surprising the man. His bright puppy eyes stare down at her excitedly again. His heart skips a beat at the sudden strange contain and he smiles again, "It means I love you." 

Y/N's breathing hitch and she hesitantly lets go of him. Eric's expression changes to a puzzled look. He softly pout at the sudden distance, when she had backed away from his figure slowly. 

"What's wrong, Y/N?" He asks and Y/N shakes her head in disbelief. 

"You love me," She mutters but to Eric's ear, it sounded like a question. 

Eric, "Juyeon told me that the moonstones in our forest are magical and you only give it somebody that you care for. It's like a gift you give them to assure them that you love and care about them. Something like that. I don't see a problem with that." He said, the glint in his eyes was innocent and Y/N realizes that he doesn't mean it in the way she thought it was. Y/N sighs in relief at the clarifications. 

"I see, well I guess I was just overthinking," She chuckles softly, and Eric can only look back at her with a different light in his eyes. Y/N looks away and turns her feet to walk away. 

If only she had noticed the change of look in the man's eyes, they were filled with more than just the moon and the stars. 

They were filled with his love and admiration for her. 

Watching her enter the quiet log cabin, Eric turns back to look up at the sky. His eyes glow again and this time he smiles in satisfaction. 

"I'm home," He mutters, much to himself. 

---

Rustling leaves and heavy shuffles can be heard within the magical Forest. Tiny footsteps and heavy breathing can be heard if one is to enter the forest on the night of the Blue Moon. Humans are never welcomed there as they were the reason why the Magical forest is locked up in the first place. 

Long ago, many years ago, the Magical forest was opened to many people. Anybody can come and go as they like as long as they promised to not hurt the creatures within its radius. The great forest would celebrate with humans on events like holidays, new year, and anything in particularly fun. 

Everybody lived in harmonious peace until one-day greed gets the best of them. Humans know that the forest was the source of magic life and if they were to do anything wrong, things would get ugly for the victim. 

Eaten by fear and greed, the power came to play its part and soon the humans begin to rage havoc on the forest in an attempt to rid of its creation and take its power to rule the world. 

This eventually made the guardians isolate the forests from the human eyes, creating the blue moon which was the tear of the great Forest goddess who sacrificed herself to protect her folks from the danger of human desires. 

Forever, the blue moon will be the only reminder both humans and Forest creatures have of the terrible past. 

"Is that why my parents are scared of the Blue Moon?" Y/N asks the man who only nodded. Y/N bites down on her lips to think. 

She is never the one to be interested in such a topic because she has always believed that they were myths created to prevent people like her from going out too far but maybe there were some truths in them.