Shadow

The sight was horrifying. She had never witnessed something like this. Someone was laying on the forest floor with a wound on the stomach. 

Diana was scared she wanted to run away right now. With passing by of every second she was feeling sick and was on the verge of passing out. But  if there was any chance the person could survive she held back  the fear that she had and went close to the person

On Having a closer look she found out that the person was a female her hair was covering her entire face but that wasn't the major concern here   . Diana checked for any sign of life.

She checked for a pulse but there was no pulse.

It was evident from the wound and blood surrounding the body that it could have been the cause for her being in this state.

Diana was afraid yet she wanted to check who the person was. So she removed the hair covering the face. The shock that came after seeing the face numbed her for a few moments. 

The person lying dead there was no other than the apprentice of the prince that delivered a message to him . The one with the different coloured hair was a darker shade of red. During the princes' visit to the orphanage.   ( The lady mentioned in the chapter Name if you want to refer to it)

Now Diana got up in a state of panic. She wanted to get out of there she didn't care about anything in the world. Not about the promise or her pet Fluffy. She ran away from the place, but due to the panic, she lost the sense of direction and started to move in a direction without thinking.

She ran as fast she could. She kept on running and running but there was no end to the place, it was like moving around in a circle, just like the dream she had once.

She was out of breath and was exhausted, so she paused for a moment. She was in desperate need of air. She bend her legs and placed her hands on her knees and took in long deep breaths. After taking a few deep breaths she looked around. She was unable to recognize this part of the forest. The trees were denser than any other part of the forest. The area also had more blue flowers than any other area.

Now Diana realized that she was deep into the forest. It appeared to be the part of the forest that no one ever came back alive from.  The part that contains the secret of the power greater than anybody could ever imagine.

It was a lot for her to figure out what was going on. She completely froze at the spot when she noticed a figure, with that figure was a creature but Diana didn't have the time to notice it as with the swoop of a motion the figure was now facing to face with her.

The figure didn't have any features it was just pitch black like a shadow. The structure of it was very feminine.

The figure moved around Diana. Diana tried to move but she couldn't it was like she was paralyzed.

The figure circled her for a couple of minutes, after that it came forward face to face with Diana. And raised its right arm.

When it started to raise its arm, Diana's right arm also started to rise slowly. She tried hard to move but it was not effective her body wasn't moving at all except the arm which was in complete sync with the arms of the shadows. When her arms were at eye level the movement stopped but now the shadow brought her hand close to Diana's hand and gently touched it.

The shadow was now dispersing The legs of the shadow was fading then, slowly the thighs the abdomen the left arm the face and the last to fade was the right hand that was in contact with Diana. The shadow was dispersed all around her. The black shadow was all around her without any form or so.

 At this point, Diana still couldn't move her body but she could feel a burning sensation in her body. Her vision started to get blurry.

After it disappeared completely with a blink of an eye she had control over her body as her body started to move but she didn't have the power so she was about to faint. She was ready to fall on the hard ground but when she fell it seemed something soft and furry rather hard and uneven forest floor.

Please feel free to give comment feedback and ideas

English isn't my first language so I apologize for any error.

Did you like this story?

THANK YOU FOR READING MY STORY