○Chapter 2: Hurting, Past Comes Back

Jace caught her looking at him, she smiled. And now she had come out of the shower. She felt oddly embarrassed. It happens every time they make love. She's not used to him staring at her naked body as she isn't used to his. She isn't comfortable with her body.

"You alright?" Jace held her closer. "Don't cover-up." He pulled the towel from her. "You're beautiful. Don't be ashamed of your body. Love yourself." She hugged him. He always made her feel happy. "Get dress."

"Okay," he left her so she'll dress. Smiling she got dressed. Drying her hair, and putting it up in a ponytail. She walked out the bathroom to find Jace looking through her book.

"Your taste in books are weird," he said. "Vampires in love with wolves. Now that's something." She looked down and felt Jace arms around her. "I didn't mean it was bad." She looked up at him. "You being weird, is what I like the most." Pearl smiled.

"Here you two are," her father came in. "Change of plans. They will arrive tomorrow."

"Oh okay," Pearl smiled. "Will they be staying here for awhile?" She asked.

"Yes," her father said.

"Than I should fix the rooms," she said.

"Two rooms," Jim said. "There kids are coming with them."

"Oh good, it will be nice to have kids around the house," she said.

"Yes," her father smiled. "Well, I'll leave you to it."

"Alright," she said. "Come on Jace; you can help me."

"Alright," he said. They went to the first guest room. It was next to hers.

"This can be for the kids," she said. "I don't know how many they have though. But the bed king size."

"You like kids don't you?" He asked. She nodded.

"Maybe, one of these days we could attempt to have one," she said. Maybe she shouldn't have said it. Jace's smile drop. She looked down. "You don't want kids." She went to change the sheets from the bed.

"Pearl, it's not that," he grabbed her from behind. She pulled away.

"It's fine; I'm sorry I said that," she grabbed the sheets and walked out.

He doesn't want kids. His expression said it all. She wanted kids. But she supposes that won't be happening.

Tears threaten to spill. But she held them in, and her eyes were stinging. She went into the bathroom. She couldn't take it anymore. She's too sensitive; her feelings easily get hurt. Maybe it's why people hate her. She's not strong enough. The pack doesn't want her as their next luna. It doesn't matter though. Jace doesn't want to be her father, Beta. He doesn't want to be in this pack. And he doesn't want kids. She loves him.

'He has to have kids,' Sal said.'How can he not want kids.'

'I don't know,' Pearl said.'Maybe it has to do with his past.'

'His past,' Sal scoffed. 'He doesn't trust you.'

'It's his past, he'll tell me when he can,' Pearl said.

'Fine, cry yourself to sleep then,' Sal said. Sal has always been the strong one. She has been the one that takes over when Pearl can't handle things. She wiped her tears. But more kept spilling. Why can't she stop crying?

Jace cursed, why does he always screw it up. Why couldn't he keep his mouth shut when it comes to this conversation. She wants a kid, and he does too. But not now.