Chapter 1. Crucio

Selene Windward ( how I picture her) feel free to imagine her as whatever u like tho:)

Song of the chapter:
Black atlass- Paris(slowed)

Contex/timeline:

Selene and her classmates practiced spells in the room of requirement alongside Harry Potter. Dumbledore's army wasn't around for very long because on Selene's 18th birthday Voldemort and his death eaters invaded Hogwarts.

Harry, Hermione, and Ron were able to escape, and they planned to return for the final battle where Harry and Voldemort would face each other and the fate of Hogwarts would be in the hands of the survivor.

Voldemort put Snape in charge of Hogwarts and its new teachers while he prepared for battle.

He did order for Bellatrix, Narcissa, and Lucious to be head professors along with Snape. Snape bargained to keep McGonagall and Sybill as they were great at teaching. After all, Voldemort wanted Hogwarts to have the best education for his death eaters in training.

Selene's Pov:

After the death eaters took over, things were very different at Hogwarts. Everyone was scared, and the atmosphere was hopeless.

It was the first time we were gonna attend a defense against the dark arts with a death eater teaching.

We walked into the classroom when I saw a familiar figure.

She had long curly hair, heavy-lidded eyes, and a V-neck black dress with a corset that accentuated her waist. It was Bellatrix Lestrange, one of the most powerful death eaters who I happened to have read about.

I sat as far away as possible from her, keeping my head down

She walked across the front of the classroom, fidgeting with her wand with an evil smirk on her face.

It seemed she was enjoying the fearful looks and the pale faces of her students. She faced the class and laughed in a psychotic manner.

"Who wants to learn the Cruciatus curse?" she said, amused.

The class was silent.

" Well, YOU guys are no fun" she quickly got angry as the students remained silent.

Everyone get up! Get up! she yelled as the students rose from their seats.

She made her way closer and closer to where I was standing.

Selene didn't have many friends, she was kind of a loner. Ever since her sister died it was just her; Voldemort murdered his mother, and she never knew who her dad was. All she knew was the orphanage, and Hogwarts changed her life when she got the letter. She did have one very close friend, Luna Lovegood who was the kindest person she ever met.

Luna held onto my hand terrified as the madwoman got closer.

When all of a sudden, Neville called her name.

"It looks like we have a volunteer" her ratched smile grew as she turned back to the front of the classroom where Neville stood.

"Neville isn't it?"

"Hows's mom and dad," she asked before Neville casted a crucio spell against him.

she immediately blocked it.

"Stupify"

Neville fell to the ground paralyzed as Bellatrix looked down at him laughing.

She made her way around the classroom, searching for the next victim. She looked in my direction and our eyes met.

I quickly looked down at the ground, hoping she wouldn't come my way but she did. She looked at me and Luna.

"How about we see your skills blondie" she grabbed Luna's wrist.

No! I grabbed Luna from the other side.

Bellatrix was infuriated by Selene's bravery.

"It ought to be you then" she yelled as her eyes widened.

What did I do...

I stood in the middle of the classroom while everyone surrounded us.

Bellatrix invaded her space as she proceeded to whisper in her ear.

"You poor little thing" she cackled stepping away from Selene and pointing her wand at her. Selene's cheeks went red.

Crucio! Bellatrix cursed as a bright green light escaped her wand.

Selene held out her wand as a dark blue light merged with the green. She held onto her wand with two hands as she held onto the curse with Bellatrix.

Selene's POV

Bellatrix stood across from me as we dueled. She was clearly way ahead of me and I was struggling to keep the curse from reaching me. I looked at her face and it was filled with joy.

I could feel how much she was enjoying seeing me weak.

Anger filled my blood as I stood up straight and a volt of power escaped my wand.

Bellatrix flew across the room and fell to the ground as our wands disconnected.

hii this is like my first time writing after a while so I'm a lil rusty but i hope yall enjoy this
story:)

Ps :ignore my grammar