Chapter 7. The yule ball

Song of the chapter :war of hearts - ruelle

war of hearts - ruelle

Selene's POV

After revealing my secrets to luna I felt like it was time to uncover some secrets for a change, so I went alone to the restricted part of the library. Where I found Draco AGAIN. This time I didn't mind his presence as much, maybe because he saved my life.

we were talking when suddenly he asked:

"Um, Windward, would you want to go to the Yule ball tomorrow with me?"

my eyes widened.

WAS DRACO MALFOY ASKING ME OUT?? this had to be a joke.

I don't think I fancy him like that, even though we might have chemistry BUT couldn't this be an opportunity to find out more about his family? About the death eaters? about Voldemorts plans?

Wouldn't this make Bellatrix's skin itch? I hope it would.

"Uh sure," I replied as I smiled at him.

"Alright then be ready by 8," he said confidently.

oh my, what am I gonna wear? what was I gonna tell Cho?

I headed to the dormitories and I called Cho. I told her that I was on an undercover mission that I was planning with professor MAcgonahall to uncover information on the death eaters through Draco and that required me to go to the dance with him.

she asked me some questions but I convinced her. To me it wasn't a big deal I wasn't gonna date Draco so why would it matter. I cared for Cho and I didn't wanna completely toss our little fling because of what happened with an evil witch or my obsession to find out more about it.

It was finally time for the yule ball and I decided to wear a velvet black dress that complimented my body and Dracos all-black suit. I did a makeup look that accentuated all of my features and wore a nude color as the lipstick.

I arrived at 8 pm at the spot Draco told me to meet him and he was there waiting for me with a rose

I arrived at 8 pm at the spot Draco told me to meet him and he was there waiting for me with a rose. I didn't know he was romantic... We made our way to the dining hall's front doors as we got ready to make our entrance and I held onto his arm.

The doors opened and we quickly got many looks. I can't lie we looked good but I guess people were shocked that a simple Ravenclaw was attending the ball with Draco.  We made our way into the dance floor and immediately I felt eyes on me.

Bellatrix was standing there wearing a beautiful dark green gown with a knee slit and black heels. She looked stunning, shining like never before. She was such a beautiful woman; psychotic, evil, and horrid but beautiful.

 She was such a beautiful woman; psychotic, evil, and horrid but beautiful

I didn't know that women wore any other colors besides black. She was standing next to Voldemort who seemed to be enjoying her company.

Maybe she was trying to impress the dark lord. After all, it seemed like she was there as his most prized possession. 

She watched as I and Draco made our way on the dance floor and she couldn't stop staring. I avoided eye contact with her tho too could play her game.

Draco suggested we danced so we did. I wasn't the best dancer But I knew how to defend myself. When the slow dance came on Draco got cozier with me.

I felt a bit odd but the look on Bellatrix's face made me keep going with this. It looked like it was giving her hell.

Suddenly Draco kissed me. I went along with it for a few seconds before prematurely ending our kiss. I looked over my shoulder and made contact with Bellatrix. I smirked at her while she looked like she was going to blow up.

All of a sudden I saw her coming towards us.