𝟮𝟬 PERHAPS

"YOU WANT ME TO HELP YOU IN CHAKRA CONTROL?" Ai repeats the request that gushes from Naruto's apricot lips that sounded between the tones of unbidden excitement and unceasing plea for his unsolved problem with the exercise

This happened somewhere between the morning and approaching afternoon and both of them decided to rest under the shades of green. Their small backs against the rough bark as they sat above the blades of grass with the quiet wind blowing tenderly through their locks.

Ai takes in the sight of her free-spirited friend in front of her whose tanned skin is covered in varying sizes of scratches and blooming colors of bluebells and olives. His garish-looking saffron jacket was strewn haphazardly on his side to let the crisp wind cool his sweaty skin, leaving him refreshed even with his meshed top.

The surrogate power from the Kyūbi, even though restricted, made it unable to leave long-lasting scars and bruises on him. Naruto doesn't seem to care much about them with that ever-present grin plastered on his face that makes the corner of his eyes adorably crinkle and crescent moons.

As she had thought, a smile suits him best.

"I've been getting on it these days but things ain't going that welland it's been five days! It's taking hella long!" Naruto angrily huffs, jutting his lower lip as he grips his ankles to prove his frustration. It's best to assume he is reaching his limit in terms of patience.

Ai wasn't surprised seeing how she had already guessed this just from taking a simple sight of that Uchiha last night, together with this boy whose clothes were more ragged than usual and skin littered with scattered kisses of bruises. Naruto and Sasuke are blessed to have a greater reservoir of chakra amongst their peers in the academy since birth. An Uchiha and Uzumaki; their lineage cannot be carelessly denied especially with their long and relentless history. She wonders if they were even aware of it.

"It will take multiple trials and efforts, Naruto-kun. Don't be impatient." She tries to pacify him, but how can Naruto easily accept that?

"But Sakura-chan did it in one try! One try!"