Chapter 15 | The Bait

"I was mistaken.
You are a demon."

·• ⌠ Unedited, Continued Chapter ⌡ •·
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"Be careful now, you lot." A small smile curled upon those lips, eyes gleaming with softened light, as her petite body exuded the strong allure of valor that subtly eased their tangled emotions.

Motionless, she was, however those penetrating gaze never once wavered away from those pair of dark frigid eyes that peered down to her; utterly provocative. Her once smiling lips were smoothened down into a thin line, hushed with unrequited silence, pale hands empty yet awfully unwinded at the face of looming hazard playing in her eyes.

You'll be the bait, Ai-chan.

The instructions, which were silently given by the sunny-haired boy at the early arrangement, were said so easily, so certainly, that it urged her to quietly chuckle at the undisputed reliance he had crowned upon her dainty head.

"You seemed to be having too much fun, huh." A sneer trembled behind that untainted cloth, eyes slanted with a morbid glint.

Her supple lips lightly tilted up in response to his exasperated remark, thoughts prompted within her head were unable to be perceived by a single glance from his prying eyes. She nonchalantly replied, "Not really. Though, it would seems like you are the one who is having much more fun playing tricks with us, Demon of the Hidden Mist."

Zabuza appeared amused at the blithe assertion spilling from her ruddy lips, "Demon? I wonder which of us is the better demon then. Though, it looks like you do know a little about me. I am not surprised."

"A demon?" Naruto roused a question, seemingly far more perplexed like the rest behind him, his bright eyes could only drift towards the small back of his beloved friend standing in front of them with curiosity flickering within its crested depths.

Kakashi quietly nodded within the dome in answer after a prolonged silence, his keen eyes seemingly clouded as he slowly articulated the story behind the dark history of the Hidden Mist from the distant past.

Zabuza was far more elated and entertained than worried about it being told in the public. "So you do also know the final test there."

"The final test?" Naruto repeated quizzically, his eyes gleaming with unmatched ignorance and innocence that it made the maddened assassin to chuckle darkly in response.

Flustered, the ignorant boy had audaciously glared upon the demented executioner that unceasingly laughed with a deranged grin hidden behind his facade.

"What are you laughing about? What is this final test!" He harshly spat with trembling hands; a foreboding feeling surreptitiously budding within the crevices of his caged heart.

Narrowed, those murky eyes were, his cold lips remained curled into a sinister grin as a sinister reply heaved from his lips. "It's the students killing each other."

Malevolent fingers trailed around their spine, cold perspiration dampening their back as their doeful eyes drastically changed into horror and disbelief at the revelation that changed their worlds from white to black. This was reality, this was the truth, and Ai knew that far too well.

Kakashi continued the narration, his solemn voice echoed through their ears as the chaotic tragedy transpired within their minds from his lulling words. The ebony-haired Akashi remained indifferent, even at the stories of blood and betrayal stitched in her ears. It was as if, death didn't fascinate her, didn't threaten her, like how natural everything seemed to be in her very eyes.