Chapter IX: The Most Valuable Lesson

A girl with jet black hair was sleeping under a tree with her hair sprawled in the vibrant green grass as she sleeps soundly.

Her sleep was cut short when a blue jay bird chirped softly while it land on the sleeping girl's head, resulting her to stir from her peaceful rest.

Letting out a soft groan, she slowly rose from her sleeping position and rested her back on the tree behind her.

"Good morning..." she mumbled to herself as she cutely rub her right eye with her hand.

"This is bad... I am late." she said, tiredness, no longer visible, but instead a slight panic flickering in her eyes. Standing up, she walked her way to the place they were told to meet.

- MY SACRIFICE -

"Where are they?! They are late?!" a girl with an unusual pink hair that can be easily compared to a bubblegum ranted.

As she continued to rant, they didn't notice the black haired girl walk silently behind the spiky blonde haired boy. She leaned her head near his ear and whispered in a soft husky voice,

"Good morning, Naru-kun." the said boy jumped a meter upwards and quickly backed away from the sudden voice behind him.

"Wah! Ai-chan?! How long have you been there?!" the boy named, Naruto, said while clutching his chest trying to calm his erratic beating heart.

"Hmm...a moment ago." she replied as she rub her left eye while letting out a small yawn.

"YOU'RE LATE!" the pink haired yelled as she points an accusing finger at the tired black haired girl.

"Your reaction is kind of slow, Haruno-san. But forgive me for being late, I might have overslept." the sleepy girl said not really sincere the fact she was late.

"Besides Shi-san is not here, so cut me some slack." she added while walking on a random tree and sat on it. Tuning out all the sounds around her, she stared at the blue skies that had some white cotton like clouds lazily floating in it. Her mind was drifting in her own world that she didn't notice the constant glances at young Uchiha is giving in her way. And finally, after the long, torturous waiting, their teacher has finally the guts to come.

"YOU'RE LATE!!" Naruto and Sakura shouted in sync to their silver haired teacher while pointing at him with an accusing finger.

"Haa....I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I saw a black cat alo-"

"YOU'RE LYING!!" the two shouted once again as they cut their teachers lame excuse.

"It was worth a shot..." he muttered to himself as he raise both of his hands in a surrendering gesture.

"Guys, don't interrogate him further now." the once silent black haired girl butted into their conversation.

"Ahem! Going back we will start the test." his words gained the attention of his soon to be students as they listened to him attentively.

"The rules are easy, you only have to do is get these bells from me before the alarm rings." he explained as he took out three silver bells from his weapon pouch.

"And if we don't?" the pink head asked making their teacher smile mischievously under his mask.

"The people who caught the bell will eat their lunch in front the loser." when he said the word 'lunch' three stomachs grumble in hunger making Kakashi smile more evilly. As they continued to chat, Ai slipped into the shadows and hid in it without them knowing.

She hid in a tree that is just quite near them and concealed her chakra, so she cannot be found. The hints her teacher gave was enough for her. Because....