Time to save the world

Let me know if i should keep going with this one. 

The fire alarm screamed as I raced down the hall. The only light was the bulbs that flashed a bright red, and even then it was just for a second before it was pitch black again. the ground shook as a bomb from up above connected to the earth, i tumbled, landing on the wall. I barely registered the pain that shot up my shoulder, my mind focused on getting the hell out of here and the sound of my heart thumping in my ears like the beat to a really long rap verse. the lights flashed again, just in time for me to see the sharp right turn. There I knew the door at the end of this passageway would lead me to the past. literally.

The floor buckled again but I was able to keep myself up right this time, making it to the door. I grabbed the handle and turned it. or at least tried to turn it. it jiggled, the lock holding steady. I cursed and started to pound on the door. dust from the concrete ceiling started to fall onto my shoulders and blanketed my hair. with everything else that's gotted horrifically wrong today you'd think that at least the damn door would be unlocked. and then, just as i was starting to conjure up the idea of kicking the door in, it swept open. i dashed in and slammed it shut, i eased my back on the door and tried to to slow my breathing. the lab had a gigantic computer system on its left, it flashed colors of the rainbow as it worked. on the other side of the room was the machine that would either take me into the past of rip all my cells apart. a part of it was black and square, a touchpad was attached to it, glowing sky blue. The other part was a glass tube. the lighting was bright and normal and the alarm didn't sound in here. Amy must have somehow shut the speakers off in the lab. She stood in front of me, fixing her round glasses.

"sorry, didn't quite hear ya there" she swiped a lock of ginger hair that went into her eyes and tucked it behind her ear. her hearing aid peeked out of her ear, it was blue with black lining. "hurry along now and get dressed, we don't have much time.

I nodded, taking off my white lab coat while I jogged to the bench next to the computer. on the bench was a navy blue bodysuit that luckily would fit over my clothes. I put it on, feeling like a giant in a mouse cage. I looked up at the capsule that would take me fifty years back in time.

why?

To destroy the research of the idea of living on mars. jax milford a Nasa scientist wasn't the only person to pursue the idea of living on mars, he is though the only man that made it capable. he built a habitable dome that would be dropped on mars surface, this dome would hold five hundred american citizens. making the usa the first country to live on another planet. According to my research, nasa jumped at the idea and started the process as soon as humanly possible. twenty years later. What nasa didn't know at the time was that there was an alien species that lived under the surface of mars. A very territorial species, called the gorge. This plan to live on Mars was put to an abrupt stop when a fleet of gorge ships entered earth's atmosphere, dumping the first wave of "nukes". two million people died that day, including my mother and father.

no this mission isn't based on revenge, i was five when the first wave hit, i barely remember anything about my parents.

the second wave brought the world to its knees. only a year after the first wave. who ever wasnt in a bomb shelter was either killed when the bombs hit or abducted. i was part of the lucky ones to find a safe place in one of the shelters. Amy took me under her wing, and taught me everything I know now.

"sully!" Amy yelled, she stood a few inches in front of me, her hands on my shoulders as she shook me. "are ya the one that can't hear now? get ya rear moving before i kick it."

"shit sorry, i must have gotten lost in thought" i scrambled to the machine and stood in front of the toob. I took a quick glance at my body to make sure all of the zippers were zipped. The bodysuit had wires all throughout the fabric, it was electrified by kinetic energy. This body suit was going to keep my body together. the ground shook again, vibrating under my feet.

"don't use that language in my lab, young boy!" She snapped. she came toward me, examining a sleek black box in her hands. "this here is a transmitter, strapped it tight to your ankle and pressed this button and it should tell me when yeh ready to come back."

she pointed at the bright red botten and then handed it to me. this was happening, i'm going to save the world, and i was not looking forward on doing it alone. she then walked to the side panel and did her techy thing to get the door to open, her fingers moving faster than a flying bee's wings. a puff of air rushed out onto my face and the glass tube opened. I took in a breath, my heart beating fast. Out of the hundred twenty people left in our bunker I would be the first to try out the machine, and quite possibly the last. before i could take a step inside, amy gathers me in her arms, her grip tighter than i thought it would be

"Come back to us Sullivan, or die tryin" there were tears in her eyes as she let me go and shoved me in the direction of the time machine.

I stepped in, turning around just as the door swooshed closed inclosing me inside. Amy and I locked gazes as she pressed the button that would take me back in time. For an incident nothing happened, then a flash of black overed my vision and the pain of my body being forced apart came crashing down like a tree falling on a pavement road. I don't know if I screamed but the pain was imagnibal. it only lasted a few seconds before i was falling to the ground, my body numb and tingly. gasping for air i sat up, setting my legs in a v shape as i checked if all my limbs were in the right place.

Then I looked up at the night sky and felt a burst of excitement, because for the first time in human history, I just time traveled. My name is Sullivan Dean and I'm about to save the world.