Chapter Fourteen.

Xander

"Xander, what are you doing?" My ever mature wolf asked sarcastically.

"Well I think it's pretty obvious." I replied back in the same tone.

"Yes, it may be obvious, but what are you doing at a time like this when the war is almost right at its peak?"

"Going on a date." I said with a cheeky smile. "She deserves some time off before the real war starts." My wolf sighed in response.

"I never said she didn't. I know our mate deserves a night off."

"Then why are you asking? It's not like we're going off the territory in the first place." The sound of Bella's footsteps came as soon as I said that, letting me know she's on her way down the stairs where I was waiting for her.

Both my wolf and I quietly waited for Bella to enter our view. But honestly, my heart was beating very fast, just waiting for Bella to come and dazzle me like she always had.

And boy, she did not disappoint.

The dark green satin flowed down like a stream as Bella descended the steps, the clicks of heels dulled behind the green satin. The lace bodice with the sweetheart neckline though, hugged her skin that it made me slightly jealous that I wasn't the one hugging her like that.

"Xander!" My wolf chuckled at my jealousy but he also stopped short when we both noticed the slit in the dress that went up to her mid thigh.

"Is it too late for me to cancel the date?" I asked and Bella laughed, throwing her head back which made the silver necklace on her neck gleam on the light. She lightly touched her hair that was made into a chignon behind her back.

"I hope not. Mom spent a lot of time to make this." Bella replied with another chuckle.

Honestly, by this point I was wondering if I was even breathing right.

"You look breathtaking." I finally told her and she smiled brightly. Her light makeup made her natural beauty shine even more tonight.

"You look quite dashing yourself." Bella said as she pat the lapels to my simple looking black tux.

"Bella! Don't forget to let me take a picture before you go!" Ma Jennifer called out as she hurried into the room with a camera in her hands. Leon followed behind her with a chuckle.

"Mom, you can take one some other time. We're late." Bella said with a small smile but Ma Jennifer stuck to her guns.

"I don't know when will there be a next time I get to do your hair! It came out so pretty! Now, say cheese!" Ma Jennifer pointed the camera at us and I pulled Bella against me with a chuckle as we obediently posed for photos until Ma Jennifer was satisfied.

"Us too! Us too!"

Two voices shouted in unison as Levi and Naomi both ran and stood in front of us in their pyjamas. We all chuckled and posed for more pictures with Levi and Naomi posed in whatever pose they deemed fit.

"You look pretty, big sis! Have fun!" Naomi called before Melody took Naomi to her room once again.

"There's one thing, Bella." I said as I helped Bella into her seat in the car. She looked at me in question and I slowly took off the blindfold out from my pocket. "It's a surprise where I'm taking you." I answered her unasked question but she looked at the blindfold apprehensively.

I smiled slightly and took her hand in mine, letting her know it's ok if she wasn't willing and she smiled a little helplessly. "It's ok. But keep your eyes closed. And don't use your senses to figure out where we are going." I said she she nodded with a chuckle.