Chapter Three.

Isabella

I was sitting in the back garden behind the mansion, just gazing at the stars above me. I was alone for a change, but I didn't mind. It was nice just laying down in silence. It's good when you're very popular all around a pack. More of a relief actually.

Since Xander turned eighteen last week, things for both of us have been hectic. Our training was doubled, meaning that we both were basically training the whole day, fighting each other again and again.

My arms and legs were sore from all the exercises and training. But it wasn't anything I wasn't used to.

The starting days of my training had been the roughest but Samantha kept pushing my limits. But even at a young age I knew it was necessary, knew I had to fulfil a huge responsibility. But apart from training time, I was never made aware of that.

Everyone treated me like a kid I was. Even Samantha did after our training sessions finished for the day.

I sighed and closed my eyes, but they snapped open when I heard a rustle in the bushes. I propped myself up on my shoulders and looked around.

"Xander? Is that you?" I called but got no reply. I shifted and then lay down again, thinking I had imagined the sound.

The sound came again and this time, I sat up completely.

"Xander, if this is a joke it's not funny." I said a little irritated and a deep voice chuckled. The hairs on the back of my raised in alarm and my wolf growled in my mind. "Who's there!?" I asked as I stood up, ready to attack or run in necessary.

A man came from the shadows, completely dressed in black. His blond hair was gelled backwards, his black eyes seemed like they were trying to pierce through me.

"You've grown up to be quiet beautiful, Isabella." The man said as he took a step closer to me, an amused smile on his face. I took a step back and raised my fists up in front of my face.

"Don't take a step closer." I warned but he still advanced.

"Threatening me isn't going to scare me off." He said.

Xander, get your butt here! I screamed through our link, keeping my face neutral in front of the man.

"Who are you?" I asked and he chuckled.

"Me? I'm disappointed you don't know. But let me introduce myself. I'm the king of rogues." He said and I froze, my eyes widening when I registered his words. He chuckled at my expression.

"But I though Blake..." I muttered and the man scoffed.

"Blake? He was nothing. He always thought he was the one in control but the truth speaks for itself. He was pathetic." He did and I heard the familiar footsteps running towards me. In a flash I felt a body press against my back. An arm came around my waist and pulled me close. The man smiled brightly. "Ah, it's so nice of you to join us, Xander. The famous prophesied mates." He laughed and Xander froze beside me.

"Who are you?" He asked.

"Like I told your mate just now, I'm the king of rogues." He said and gave a small bow, a malicious smile on his lips. Xander pushed me behind him as room as the man

said 'rogues'.

"Get the hell out of our pack. You aren't getting either of us." Xander's wolf growled as the man chuckled.

"I've been waiting for many years for the time when one of you turned eighteen. It's not long before you belong to me." He said looking at both of us but Xander's wolf growled even loudly in warning. The man chuckled again. We froze in shock when he ran away faster than normal wolves.

"Xander..." I whispered, my voice wavering in panic. Xander immediately hugged me close.

"He's not going to get any of us." He promised.

I didn't leave my room for the next few days. After we got went back in the mansion, I told dad about seeing the man and since then the patrolling around the pack has tripled. I had two guards on my door and were ordered to go wherever I went. The same was with Xander but he's just mostly spent time in my room with me.

I was pretty shaken up at how easily the man had slipped past the patrols but with his speed, I knew it had been a piece of cake for him. That's what scared me. My wolf always wanted Xander close to us. Instead of being scared like me, she was getting overprotective of Xander. One of the reasons why he was forced to move into my room. Dad wasn't happy with the arrangement at first but them mom convinced him that it's good for my wolfs sanity. And I couldn't agree more with her. My wolf had been making me crazy by demanding me to be with Xander 24/7.

Someone from the pack had been able to draw an accurate picture of the man from our descriptions of him and all the packs, even the Elders had been reported to keep an eye out for him. There was even a bounty put on his head by the Elders and since then, many people had tried to find him, but always failed. The man disappeared without a trace. We, Xander and I hadn't even been able to catch his scent. When I told everyone about that, grandfather thought that he has been in an alliance with witches since no wolf can even hide his human scent.

After this theory was proposed to the Elders, they had set up a meeting with the witch's council and thankfully they had agreed to help us. And even report treason if any of their witches were siding with the rogues.

"Bells?" Xander called quietly.

"Hm?" I asked.

"Are you scared?" He asked softly and I nuzzled my head in his neck, letting out a sigh.

"I'm just scared to lose you. To lose the people we love." I said quietly. "You?" I asked and heard him hum.

"The same as you." He whispered and placed a kiss to my crown, hugging me closer.

"Do you think we'll win? That we can win without losing anyone?" I asked quietly.

"No. We can win, but in a war, there are always some loses. We just can't say whom." He said and I pouted.

"I hate it when you give those smart comments." I said and Xander chuckled.

"You secretly love it." He said and I looked up at him with a raised eyebrow.

"How can you say that?" I asked and he caressed my cheeks with his knuckles.

"You talk in your sleep. Not always, but there are rare moments." He said and my eyes widened.

"Please tell me I haven't said anything embarrassing." I said and he laughed lightly.

"All I've heard you say is just how much you love me. Sometimes it was like you where dreaming about us being on a date." He said and I blushed. I did have some dreams regarding it... Not that I'd tell him the truth.

"So, nothing embarrassing." I said and he shook his head.

"I wouldn't go that far. There was this time you said that you wanted to complete the mating." He said and I blushed brighter than ever.

"You're lying." I said and he laughed.

"Am not." He replied and I hid my face in his neck. Xander chuckled and wrapped his arms around me tighter. "We will do it one day. I hope soon, but when there isn't a threat over our heads." He said and I nodded.

"I know. I'd like the same." I whispered and felt Xander's fingers brush through my hair.

"Go to sleep now, Bells." He sake and I sighed.

"Goodnight, Xan." I whispered.

"Goodnight,Bells

—————————————————————————————————————

AN: hey everyone! I just wanted to tell you that I'll be gone for a few days. Don't know when I'll be able to come back online but it'll be soon. Comment, Vote and Follow :)