Chapter Two.

Isabella

"Today we're going to do something new." Samantha, my trainer said. Samantha was a trainer who was sent by the Elders, the oldest werewolves alive. After they got to know that Xander and I had shifted young, they were the ones who told us about the prophecy. And sent Samantha and Edward, Xander's trainer, to train us for the final battle.

Xander and I exchanged looks then looked at Samantha and Edward curiously.

"What?" We both asked and Edward smiled.

"Today, we aren't going to fight with either of you." He said and Samantha continued with a sly smile.

"Today, you're going to fight against each other."

Both Xander and I froze, our eyes widening as we exchanged looks before looking back at our trainers.

"No!" We both protested but Edwards and Samantha pursed their lips.

"Yes. You'll have to."

"There's a chance whoever this king of rogues is, they'd make you fight for their side by holding a leverage on your heads. Be it your siblings, parents or friends." Edward said and I bowed my head in defeat.

"But why fight against each other? We're mates!" Xander exclaimed and Edwards sighed.

"Look, Xander. You two have defeated us, the warriors of this pack as well as Frank and Casper. The only ones you're left to fight is each other." Edward said and Samantha nodded in agreement.

"Yes, it'll give us a chance to see who is the strongest-" She gave me a look when I pointed at Xander. "And smartest under these conditions out of both of you." She finished and I tapped my finger on my chin, a thinking pout on my lips.

"So basically, it's about being the strongest in your strategy." I said and Samantha nodded.

"Yes." She said and I sighed.

What do you want to do? I asked Xander through our link. He gave me a weary look.

I don't want to fight you. Even in training. He said and I couldn't help but smile.

I'm not made of glass, you know. I said and his lips twitched.

You sure? He asked.

It's not like we have a choice. I retorted and he laughed loudly.

"True." He said out loud and then looked at Edward and

Samantha. "Alright. We'll do it." He said and they smiled slightly.

"Great. Now go there and take your positions." Edward said motioning towards the center of our training ground. Dad had it specially made for us when he got a note by someone called the king of rogues. The note said that we, Xander and I, will be his by the time we're eighteen. I was just fifteen right now, but Xander was turning eighteen in a weeks' time, making our training and the patrolling around the pack territory tougher.

Xander and I walked in the middle of the training ground, standing a few feet away from each other.

"Once I say shift, let your wolves take over the fight." Edward added and we both nodded again at him. "Go!" He said and on instinct, I charged at Xander. He stayed where he was, looking at me with narrowed eyes as I ran over to him. I made a motion as if pretending to jump but aiming for his legs and Xander smiled wickedly and crouched down.

"Got you." He muttered and I laughed before actually jumping and then wrapped my legs around his neck, forcing him down on the ground with me.

"Got you first." I said but Xander pried my legs away with his strength before flipping me over on my stomach. He went for my hands but I raised them up and grabbed his shirt before throwing him off me.