Chapter Eight.

Xander

"No! Don't make me do this!" Bella pleaded me the next morning. I was trying to convince her to come down for breakfast, to join her real family for a proper breakfast after a year but she keeps saying that she can't bear to face them.

From telling her how we met, last night I ended up telling her about her whole life before she was kidnapped. I now regret it because now she doesn't feel worthy of being in their presence after a year of being manipulated to hate us.

"Bells, please. After last night do you really want your mother to suffer more? She fainted, Bella. And she's been one of the strongest women I know." I said softly and she looked down in shame. I sighed and placed my finger under her chin, lifting her face up before placing a soft kiss on her forehead. "It's going to be fine; I promise."

I took Bella's hand in mine and started leading her down the stairs. Her steps were hesitant and slow but she still allowed me to lead her to the dining room for breakfast. As we approached, we could hear Naomi whining about Levi taking a bite out of her breakfast again and Bella stiffened slightly but then relaxed a bit. "I promised, remember?" I whispered to her and she nodded slowly.

"Xanny! Why are so late!? Levi took my omelet!" Naomi whined and I chuckled.

"Just ask them to make you a new one, Nom." I said and saw Leon and Ma Jennifer giving me a questioning look, obviously having smelt Bella near.

She doesn't remember anything. I've pacified her. It's safe. I told them and they gave me a subtle nod. That's when I turned my attention towards the siblings.

"Levi, Nom, I have a surprise for you!" I said cheerfully and their eyes brightened.

"A surprise!?"

"Is it a real wolf pup!?"

"Is it a new doll!?"

"Are we going on a trip!?"

They both rapidly exclaimed and Leon and Ma Jennifer chuckled at their enthusiasm. I could hear the faint yet familiar sound of Bella's giggle from behind the door. I shook my head at them both.

"No, no and no. It's something you've both wanted for a long time." I said and stretched my hand out the door and grabbed Bella's, slowly pulling her in the room.

Naomi and Levi's eyes widened like huge saucers, like they couldn't believe what they were seeing and honestly, I couldn't blame them.

"B-big sis? Is that really you?" Levi asked hesitantly when Naomi suddenly burst out crying.

"Big sis!" She cried and leapt from her chair, straight into Bella. She hugged Bella's waist tightly, bawling her eyes out and it wasn't long before Levi joined the hug. Bella looked at me, her eyes showing me that she was feeling uneasy and clueless as to what to do next.

"Hug them back." I mouthed and she hesitantly put her arms around them. I heard a chocked sob and saw that Ma Jennifer was crying, hiding her sobs behind her hand. Her eyes had a light I hadn't seen in over a year and my wolf and I both sighed in relief of the sight of them. But what surprised me the most was the tears I could see glistening Leon's eyes.

"Bella..." Ma Jennifer chocked out. Bella looked at her and pried Levi and Naomi from her before running over to Ma Jennifer.

"Mommy!" Bella cried out just as Ma Jennifer hugged her tightly to her chest. My heart clenched at Bella's childish cry and I clenched my first tightly so that I wouldn't end up crying myself. I looked away from that scene, wiping a tear away at the scene that reminded me so much of my own mother.

It was a few years after we joined the pack that my mother fell ill. Whether it was a disease as the doctors had said or was it the pain of losing my father, I still don't understand what caused my mother's death almost eight years ago. In her will, she named Leon and Ma Jennifer as my guardians and told me to always, always cherish my time with my mate because you never know when fate might take them away from you, the same way it took away my father from her. But I always held those words close to my heart, knowing that it was the life my mother wanted for me.

Suddenly I felt something and looked down to see Naomi hugging my leg, a bright smile on her face and her eyes only saying one thing,

"Thank you, Xanny!"

Leon

"Xander, can you take Bella up to your room, please?" Jennifer asked with a smile, that hadn't left her face the whole day. Xander nodded and carefully picked up Bella, whose head was resting on

Jennifer's lap as she slept before leaving only Jennifer and I in the room.

Jennifer suddenly looked down at her lap and my wolf whined softly.

"Leon?" She asked after a while.

"Yes sweetheart?" I asked softly and walked over to her. I kneeled down in front of her and was surprised to see silent tears running down her cheeks. "Sweetheart what's wrong?" I asked softly, wiping her tears away with my thumb.

"Do you hate me?" She asked softly and I frowned.

"I could never. Why are you asking such a silly question?" I asked softly.

"I caused you... no, not just you, but Levi and Naomi so much sadness. I was so focused on my own pain I forgot you all were hurting too. And you... Leon, I'm so sorry! I know I was nothing but a burden this last year, but please don't hate me!" Jennifer sobbed and hid her face behind her hands as her sobs increased. I felt my heart clench at the sound of her sobs and I quickly took her in my arms, letting her cry on my chest as I rubbed my hand on her head to soothe her.

"It's alright, sweetheart. It's alright." I whispered softly in her ear and placed a kiss on her temple. "All of us know how hard you tried to keep it together for our sake. And we also know that no matter how much you love us, Bella is the only one who holds a very, very, special place in your heart. We could never hate you for that. Trust me." I said and tightened my arms around her. I leaned my head on hers and whispered in her ear. "Cry as much as you want, my love. Let it all out."

She suddenly pulled away from me slightly and cupped my face in her hand, her thumb brushing my cheek. "Why don't you do the same? You can't keep holding those tears at bay." She whispered and I chocked on a laugh as I let my vision blur from tears.

I leaned my forehead on hers as tears fell down both our cheeks.

"We finally have our daughter back, Leon." Jennifer whispered with a small smile and I smiled brightly at her.

"Finally, she's home."

—————————————————————————————————————

AN: Hey everyone! Sorry for the long wait! Hope you like this chapter! Comment, Vote and Follow :)