Chapter Eleven.

Xander

After I calmed Bella down, we stayed like that, cuddling on the floor, before I felt Bella slump against me. I let out a small chuckle when a soft snore escaped her lips as she cuddled more into me. I could hear my wolf purring in delight of the feel of having our mate, our real mate, back in our arms.

Though, as much as I would have loved to stay in that position, my legs were starting to go numb on me. I sighed in reluctance and slowly moved so I didn't wake Bella up before I moved an arm under her knees, careful while I lifted her legs when she let out a small whimper in pain. My other arm was already around her shoulders so I just had to stand up.

Bella's nose nuzzled into my neck, her hand clutching my shirt as I stood up and waited for the feeling in my legs to return. As soon as it did, I walked over to Bella's bed and placed her on in.

I couldn't help but stare at my mate, studying the changes in her features, trying to see if I missed any. She was still the same though. The same as the Bella Abigail tried, and succeeded, to fool us with. I brushed the back of my knuckles against Bella's cheek. Giving a kiss to her forehead, I left the room.

"Where is Bella?" Ma Jennifer asked as soon as she saw me coming to the kitchen alone.

"She's sleeping. I think the training tired her out more than we thought it would." I said and Ma Jennifer gave a small scowl to Leon who was busy trying to take a bite of the chocolate cake Ma Jennifer had made as a dessert for Bella.

When she saw him reaching for the cake, Ma Jennifer whacked his hand away with the spoon she was holding. Leon immediately pulled his hand back, giving a scowl to Ma Jennifer who was still scowling at him.

"I just wanted to check the taste." Leon pouted and I chuckled while Ma Jennifer gave him a look.

"And I told you it was too early for Bella to resume training." Ma Jennifer said but Leon only chuckled.

"Be happy I did." Leon said and I frantically shook my head behind Ma Jennifer. Ma Jennifer snapped her head towards me and I stopped shaking my head as soon as she did. She looked confused, her gaze roaming from me to Leon and back to me. She

did this once before finally settling her eyes on Leon.

"You're hiding something from me?" Ma Jennifer asked and I felt myself stiffen before I forced myself to relax. Unfortunately, Ma Jennifer caught that and frowned. Leon frowned a little before he smiled.

"No, that's not is. Bella was able to shift again. We just forgot to tell you." Leon quickly covered and the tension left Ma Jennifer shoulders.

"Oh. That's good. So, should we have lunch now or wai-" Ma Jennifer cut off when a loud scream pierced through the mansion. My heart jumped in my throats when I realised I recognised that voice.

Bella! My wolf shouted as I sprinted towards her room, fear gripping me at the thought that someone was here to take her again from me. I could hear Leon was close behind me with Ma Jennifer not too far behind him.

As soon as I reached her room, I didn't bother with the knob but slammed her door open with my shoulder. I stopped short when I realised that no one else was in the room but Bella herself, convulsing on the bed. Her eyes were squeezed shut as another scream pierced through the room.

I fell to my hands and knees as a sharp pain went through my body, leaving me breathless at the unexpected and ferocity of it.

"Xander! What's going on!?" Leon asked as he knelt beside me while Ma Jennifer rushed to Bella, trying to wake her up from her nightmare.

I think... she's having a nightmare about the times she was tortured... It's so strong that it's passing through the bond. I mind-linked Leon, not wanting to say it out loud.

Leon's face turned grim as he received my meaning. He knew I was talking about the times that even I lost control of myself while Bella was still missing.

A gasp us out of our conversation to see that Ma Jennifer had successfully woken Bella up. She was staring at Ma Jennifer, her eyes unfocused as she looked at her mother.

"Bella? Are you alright, darling?" Ma Jennifer asked softly and slowly Bella's breathing started calming down. Leon helped me up and we walked towards Bella together.

I knelt beside her head on the floor, taking her hand in mine.

"Bella?" I asked quietly and a sob escaped her lips as a reply. Bella sat up quickly, hugging Ma Jennifer tightly when I let go of her hand. Her shoulders started shaking as she sobbed into Ma Jennifer's shoulder. Ma Jennifer just hugged Bella back, a few tears escaping her eyes as well.

We should go. Let them spend some time alone. Leon's voice came in my mind and I nodded, internally sighing. I got up and Leon and I headed out as quietly as we could.

"You know, I'll be charging you for that." Leon said as we entered the living room. Thankfully, Levi and Naomi had gone to play with the rest of the kids in the park once Ma Jennifer had told Bella to have a shower. I plopped myself on the single couch as Leon sat across me on the other. I frowned.

"Charge me for what?" I asked and he smirked a little.

"For breaking Bella's door." He said and I sheepishly smiled. He narrowed his eyes at me. "You didn't forget, did you?" He asked and I shook my head.

"Of course not."

You did. My wolf pipped up.

Shut up.

"But, how will you? You don't let me work because of that man." I said as a small smirk came on my lips. Leon chuckled in reply.

"Touché. I'm sure I'll think of something."

We didn't say anything after that. Both of us were straining our hearing to listen to what was happening in Bella's room. I couldn't hear anything but faint mummers that were too low for me to understand what was being said.

Leon and I exchanged looks and knew that neither of us could hear it. S,o we sighed in defeat, knowing we just had to accept that we wouldn't be able to hear anything until Ma Jennifer came.

Itwas a long wait.

—————————————————————————————————————

AN: And so it was. I'm really really really so sorry about this super late update but I am trying my best to complete this book so maybe the updates might get more frequent (since my last year record of updating was shit. Truly sorry about that) thank you for sticking with this story so far! As an apology, ask me anything you want, I'll try my best  to answer every question you guys might have! xx