Chapter 14

Jolting awake, you realised you were no longer in that abandoned building from before. Finally realising what happened, you winced in pain. Looking down to see your wounds had been bandaged but not healed, just as you had asked. You struggled to gain your balance and attempted to leave the room. Reaching for the door handle of the bedroom, you opened it and walked straight into someone.

"You're awake?" The voice said.

"Atsushi-kun?" You questioned.

"Y-yes?" He replied, confused.

"Nothing. I was just confirming I wasn't seeing things. Where am I?" You asked.

"More importantly, you shouldn't be walking around. Yosano told us to make sure you rested. Your wounds won't heal otherwise." Atsushi said with a worried tone.

"I know... but I can't just stay here. I have a job to do." You reply.

"Y/N, I'm sorry, but you're in no condition to be working right now. No one even knows what happened when you were gone." Atsushi replied.

"Who's taking over from you when a swap takes place?" You ask, changing the subject.

"Naomi, why?" He replied.

"Could you..." You pause. "Could you get Naomi to swap with Ranpo please?" You mumble.

"Ranpo? Why him?" He asks.

"I want to talk to him about something..." You reply, saying nothing more.

"About what happened?" Atsushi asks.

"No... about the other cases." You reply.

"I'll see what I can do. For now, please rest." Atsushi asks, worry still evident in his tone.

"Fine, fine. Only because standing hurts like a bitch." You cursed.

You then headed back to the bed, sitting up though wincing in pain slightly. A pillow had been positioned on the bed to make it more comfortable when you were resting. To be honest, you were glad the agency accepted your request and didn't insist that Yosano heal you. You'd heard rumours of what had happened when anyone gets healed by Yosano, and to be honest, you'd rather put up with the pain than let her heal you.

"That reminds me." Atsushi started from the other side of the door.

"Atsushi-kun, you know you can come in." You reply.

"O-oh." Atsushi said, entering the room.

"You were saying?" You prompted.

"Right... yes. Did you want something to eat?" Atsushi asked.

"I'm okay, thank you. I'm not really hungry." You replied.

"A-alright... but you'll need to eat at some point." He said.

"I know... for now, I just want to focus on getting over what happened." You said, gazing out the window.

"I see... well, get some rest. Okay?" Atsushi says, going to leave.

"I'll try." You reply, still not looking at Atsushi.

Then, he left. You fell asleep after a while before a knock on your door awoke you again.

"C-come in." You replied.

"S-sorry... did I wake you?" The voice said.

"No. You didn't. Don't worry, Atsushi-kun." You reassured.

"I see. Well, I'm leaving now. Is there anything you wanted?" Atsushi asked.

"I'm alright thank you." You reply.