PROLOGUE

CLARK

"SHOT pa!"

Sigaw ni Clark sa table nilang magka-kaibigan. Then he handed one shot of tequila to Ruby and a glass of beer. That's how they drink. And drink means, drink hard. Beer as chaser, straight tequila shots – double straight shots if they are getting tipsy.

It's 10PM at nasa Boogie sila ngayon, isa sa mga paboritong lugar nila sa Poblacion. Maaga pa ang gani ngunit pangatlong bar na ata nila itong magkakaibigan. Earlier, they went to Ancestral and Agimat. That night, they got the chance to be wasted. Biyernes at wala silang klase bukas. This was their way to let off some stress because of their academics. And that's what Clark loved about his circle. They all knew how to balance their academic life and this side of their life. There's too much that life can offer. So why just revolve it around studying? Walwal responsibly nga kumbaga.

In the middle of Xavier and Ruby's taking tequila shots, there was someone walking towards their table. From the looks of it, this guy has some drinks on his hands. He looked down at the guy's hands and he frowned upon of what seems a green poison.

Jägermeister, he tsked.

Nang makarating ito sa kanilang lamesa, pinakatitigan niya ito. He has this smile that can melt, an aura of full confidence and oozing sex appeal. Hindi niya alam kung sa kanya ito nakatitig o sa mga ibang kaibigan niya.

Iinumin na sana niya ang baso ng alak na hawak niya nang magsalita ito.

"Hi! Hope you're fine on this lovely night. Would you like some drinks?" the guy offered, still smiling, this time, it was a sexy smile.

Looking at this piece of meat in front of him, he thought, yum. But he knows too well. This kind of guy will never, as in never ever have hots for someone like him. Clark knew a thing or two with this kind of guy. These guys are off limits. No trespassing.

Though, he can't stop staring.

Mestizo with a proud nose, bushy but sleek eyebrows, deep dark eyes that glistened under the lowlights of the bar with long eyelashes and thin red lips that looked delightful when tasted. His hair is a bit messy, but in a sexy kind of way, lean and muscular in the right places and cheeks that are a bit flustered maybe because of the alcohol. Wearing a relaxed Uniqlo black cotton shirt, faded straight cut jeans, 70's chucks and a Frédérique Constant watch, damn, this guy is too hot to handle. Sporting a basic outfit but damn, still delightful. And that watch? A guy with a taste. Definitely yum.

"Oh! Sorry, the name's Timothy," smiling friendly to him like he was the only one in that table. Ngayon niya nakumpirna na sa kanya nga ito nakatingin noong kaninang papalapit ito.

Clark did not respond. He pretended not to pay attention to him even if he knew himself that he cannot take his eyes off of him. He was still staring at the guy with his mouth slightly apart.

"Sooo.... would you like? I mean the drink?" Timothy offered him again.

He was lost in his trance when Ruby nudged his elbow to his side and whispered, "Hoy! Ano ka na jan, tatanggapin mo ba o kami na ang tatanggap?"

He just let out a grumble.

"Thanks, but I'm good." Sabay taas nito ng baso ng beer na hawak niya. "Maybe my friend here, Ruby would like some," he said while smiling awkwardly.

That was rude of him, but he didn't care. Wala siya sa mood makipaglandian. He just wanted to blow some stress off. And as if this guy will flirt with him.

"Oh is that so. No worries. Nice to meet you, hmmm what's the name?" The guy drank the two shots he's handling. After that, extended his one arm to shake hands.