4 - 𝙨𝙝𝙤𝙧𝙩 𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧

"Don't you dare think that I haven't loved you all these times, Xiansheng!"

Zhongli forgotten through all these years how easily a mortal's feelings can be shattered through a simple betrayal such as this. Years and years of being alive as the previous reigning geo archon has never allowed him to fully interact with his people, nor have the time to discuss their feelings.

He's actually never had an affair with such spoken mortals.
The last he ever remembered when he established a relationship with someone was with Guizhong, a kind and lovely god who Zhongli loved so much.

Until she was killed, of course. And it all ended in grief for the archon. It was Zhongli's first time experiencing such a terrible feeling in his whole life, and it was the only emotion that got in his way during his god life. Which is why he forced himself, all those years, to bring himself to never feel any emotion at all.

And then Childe came along. The harbinger entered his life like the breeze of Mondstadt. It was all like a come and go, the wind blows in and flows away so quickly, a refreshing one. One that you wish would stay forever.

"And I do. I do love you back, Childe."
Zhongli offered the Starconch in front of the tomb, lying in front of him.

"Here lies Ajax, the Eleventh Fatui Harbinger, hailing from Snezhnaya.
Died at the age of 22."