5 - 𝙨𝙝𝙤𝙧𝙩 𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧

To keep it short, Childe absolutely hated college work. He was up again, studying late trying to finish his notes for finals next week.

"sigh* I miss you so much.."

And it just so happens that Zhongli went out on a business trip for the whole week he had finals. This is amazing! Not even my lover is home. Childe understood though, Zhongli was a busy man already at only the age of 25. He was the ceo of Liyue's biggest company, and he could barely stay with Childe anymore. However Childe was only 23, trying to finish up his last year in college before he could finally apply to be a marine biologist.

Sea life has always interested Childe as a kid, and he'll soon be able to actually deal with such animals. He's specifically interested in the narwhal. They're cute.

"Maybe a little break'll work.. it wouldn't.. hurt.. mm."

Eventually he dozed off into slumber. He didn't know when, but it fell heavily on him.

/

Zhongli drove straight home after finding out the business trip was cancelled. The meeting was said to be in Sumeru where he was supposed to talk out negotiations with the sister branch located there. Everything was cancelled right when he stepped into the building, saying their ceo suddenly fell ill. This only joyed Zhongli, this meant he could spend his time with Childe for the next week, since he was out for work too. He could keep Childe company while he studied.

Expecting Childe to already be in bed, Zhongli was surprised to see his lover fallen asleep on the table where he would always be found studying in their living room.

Zhongli took off his shoes, placing them right next to Childe's neatly and slowly but quietly walked towards him.

"..Childe? My love, are you awake?"

Zhongli knelt down to eye level with Childe, checking to see if he was awake.

"Ah, as I thought."

Blue, ocean colored eyes slowly drifted awake until they widened in shock from seeing Zhongli.

"Z-Zhongli..? Wait.. you're already back?"

He didn't sound as excited, although that was due to his tiredness, and Zhongli didn't mind.

"Mm. Business trip was cancelled, how are you?"

Childe smiled, scooting closer to Zhongli and pecked him a gentle kiss.

"Ahh, I didn't think you would be back, 'm sorry.. I stayed up again.."

Zhongli only smiled.

"It's alright, why don't I brew us some tea? We could study together for a bit."

Childe pouted.

"It better not be your six hour long one.."

Chuckles came from both.

"Not this time, how about something sweet to keep us up then?"

"I'd love that. Thank you, Zhongli."