18. His POV

She squirmed a little bit and I held the hand that was on my chest.

It was night and the stars were covering the sky mesmerizingly.

"Hi gorgeous." I pushed some hair from her face.

"You have a good heartbeat." She mumbled and I kissed her hair.

"Thanks." I laughed.

She rolled off me and looked up.

"Wow." She whispered looking at the sky. I turned onto my stomach as I've been on my back for hours and looked down at her.

"Pretty isn't it." I asked looking at her.

"Mmhm." She nodded.

"I'm talking about you." I teased.

"Mmhm." She looked at me with a grin and I laughed.

I kissed her cheeks and pecked her lips before going down and dragging my lips softly along her jaw making goosebumps lace her soft arms.

I moved and I ended up straddling her waist, holding her hands above her head. I kissed her and she got my lip this time making me laugh. I moved my lips to her neck and kissed behind her ear, hearing a small whimper.

"Gorgeous." I whispered in her ear before biting her ear lobe and releasing her hands so I could touch her body.

I pushed down on her waist and pushed my hands up her shirt, touching her soft stomach.

"I don't understand how people can ever just not look at you." I mumbled more to myself but to hear her response.

"What do you mean?" She asked and I kept my hands under her shirt while sitting up and looking at her.

"I can't not look at you. Ever. Do you have some sort of power that makes people fall for you? Are you perhaps a witch?" I asked and she laughed.

Her hands were under my shirt and she traced the grooves of my muscles.

"No I'm just irresistible to you." She winked.

"I think so. I'm okay spending more than half my life using my eyes to look at you." I said and she laughed.

"I didn't know this was such a passionate subject." She smiled.

She closed her eyes and her blonde locks framed her face. I took out my phone and snapped another picture before I moved off her and she bent her legs. I moved and laid my head on her pelvic bone, between her thighs and her fingers played with my hair as I got a FaceTime call.

I looked and saw it was Lane.

"Hey." I said and he squinted.

"What are you laying on?" He asked and I lifted the camera causing Maya to wave.

"Aweeee okay anyways I called to see where you were and if you were alright because your mom texted me that you'd be angry but you seem fine." He shrugged.

"It was this morning, it'll be okay." I nodded remembering how she held my face when she told me that.

"Talk to me when you get back?" He asked and I nodded.

"Love you." He smiled.

"Love you." I smiled and hung up.

"Oh fuck." She groaned and got up quickly making my head drop.

"What?" I asked.

"Mosquitoes." She laughed shooing them with her hand.

"No your skin is too good for that!" I picked her up with the blanket and cooler, running.

~

"Thanks for the ride." She laughed when I put her down on the bed.

"That'll be $20." I held out my hand and she stood kissing me.

"T-that works too." I nodded clearing my throat.

"Cute." She grinned.

I went to Lanes room and he opened the door and let me in.

"Where's Jonas?" I asked.

"Getting some food in the lobby." He said and I nodded.

"What happened after you heard?" He asked.

"I punched a tree." I nodded.

"That seems to be your scape go." He laughed and I sighed.

"What happened with Maya?" He looked concerned.

"She was good. Told me everything would be okay, stopped my crying. I told her about my behavior shit and she understood just fine. She didn't get scared when I well, hit the tree. She fell asleep on me for hours and I didn't even think about Laura and Jim." I shook my head and he clapped his hands together with a grin.

"You love her don't you?" He asked.

"What gave it away?" I crossed my arms and he hugged me.

"You didn't think about your mom when she laid on you for hours. She said "it'll be okay" and you calmed down. She stopped you from crying out of anger. You only ever just stare at her. If that was a sport you'd get first place every time. I watched you take a picture of her on the bench when I left earlier and she didn't know you were there yet. You forced Jonas and I to make a glitter poster for her game and we're not even paying attention to the women staring at you. The women that were your typical type and you'd flirt with you haven't looked at once since being with her. Convince me otherwise." He crossed his arms too.

"Damn I'm dumb for having an observant friend. However I'm not trying to convince anything because I know I love her." I said and turned opening the door to leave just to see her standing there with her mouth open.

"You- you love me?" She asked and my stomach dropped.