5.) Getting Ready

February 14th.

You were at work, looking around the area. You were insanely nervous for some reason. It's just Freddy! Just be cool.

But Freddy was your crush too. You wanted to confess to him, you wanted to feel him kiss you and hold you tightly against his body. You wanted him to know you loved him and wanted to be his.

Freddy was nervous too. Only a little. He had a plan of how he wanted the night to go, but it was still you. You made his heart soft, you make his head spin. He wanted to confess to you.

He wanted to be more than just friends.

As the day went on, it felt as if the hours were slow. You were guarding backstage, listening to the band play. You bobbed your head to the beat, enjoying the moment.

That's when you noticed the time was 7:30pm. Oh crap. It's almost closing time. You could feel your stomach tighten from the anxiety, just thinking about being on a date with Freddy.

Where do we plan on going? You thought about what restaurant he was planning to take you to. You pulled yourself out of your thoughts and grabbed your clipboard, taking inventory and making sure you had everything before the night ended.

You had brought a red dress with you to change into after you clocked out for the night. You were so excited, you even had a diamond choker to go with it.

You wanted to look good for Freddy, you didn't want to have to go on a Valentine's date wearing your work clothes. I wonder what Freddy's gonna wear...

You smiled to yourself, thinking about Freddy's outfit. Hmm.. Maybe he'll wear a suit? You weren't sure but you didn't mind to daydream about it.

Soon after, everyone exited the building and you saw the members of the band walk backstage. They were chatting with each other and laughing. They walked to their lockers, pulling out clothes and such.

You were looking around but didn't see Freddy. You asked, "Have you guys seen Freddy?"

Chica looked at you and said, "Yeah, he said he'd be right back. He had to go get something."

You raised your eyebrows and said, "Oh, ok." Wondering what Freddy was retrieving. Maybe it's his outfit. Maybe I should go ahead and grab my outfit.

You decided to run out to your car and grab the bag that had your dress in it, along with a pair of diamond heels. You also had a white coat to go with it since it's almost 20 degrees outside.

You run back inside and Chica is looking at you with curiosity, saying, "Ooh, what's in the bag?"

You looked at her and blushed, with a nervous smile. You said, "Hold on, I'll be right back." You walked over to a bathroom and changed clothes.

Once you stepped out, everyone's jaw dropped. You walked towards them, feeling your face get hot again. Monty howled, "DAAAMN GIRL! You are FINE as hell!"

Chica turned to glare at him and said, "Monty! Language!" You couldn't help but to giggle, hearing that come from him.

You were flattered and said, "Well, thank you. I appreciate the honesty!" Roxy was stunned at how dazzling you looked, she almost looked jealous.

She smirked at you said, "Nice. You look great!" You grinned back at her and said, "Thank you!"

Chica was walking in a circle around you, admiring your outfit. She was gleaming at you with a big smile and said, "You are so gorgeous, (Y/n)! Red looks sooo good on you! So, why are you wearing this outfit again?"

You averted your gaze and said quietly, "I have a date tonight..."

Her jaw dropped and she whined, "Oh my gosh, someone asked you on a date and you didn't even tell me!? (Y/n), I thought we were best friends, best friends are supposed to tell other best friends stuff like that!"

You apologized, "I know, I'm sorry! It just kinda happened last minute..."

She pouted and crossed her arms at you, turning her head away and saying, "Hmph."

Monty chuckled and said, "I'm guessing that's the lucky guy?"

Everyone looked in the direction that he was pointing and everyone looked shocked. It was Freddy. He walked into the light, showing off his outfit.

He was wearing a black, button-up shirt with a red tie and black slacks. Above his button-up long sleeve shirt was a maroon colored vest with black and gold detailings.

"Dang, Freddy-boy. You're looking slick too!" Monty approached him, going for a high-five. Freddy chuckled and gave him his high-five, "Well, thank you, Monty. It's a privilege to be able to share this night with (Y/n) so I thought I'd dress properly for the occasion."

Monty was nodding then his eyes widen, "Wait,
(Y/n)?" He looked back and connected the dots, exclaiming, "Oh my gosh! You guys are going out!?"

"Oh, be quiet, loud mouth!" Roxy said as she started pushing Monty away with a giggling Chica following behind them.

"B-But wait! I have more questions for my new favorite ship!" Monty whined as Roxy pushed him out the exit. Chica looked back and said, "Have fun on your date, guys! And happy Valentine's Day!"

You blushed as you watched them exit the building, leaving you and Freddy alone. Freddy looked at you and he looked as if he was in shock. His eyes were wide and his face was red as he admired your outfit.

You smiled and said, "What do you think?" And gave him a little spin.

He smiled and stepped in front of you. He grabbed your hands delicately and held them close, looking into your eyes, saying, "Nothing could compare to the beauty that you are. Everything about you in flawless in every way, and I wouldn't change anything."

Your heart skipped a beat as you tried to respond, "O-oh, Freddy. You're too kind."

"No such thing for you, my dear." Then he pulls one of your hands to his face and kisses it softly. You took your other hand to fan your face as you say,
"T-Thank you..."

How does he make me feel so bashful? Maybe it's because no one has ever said such sweet things to me. Not even James.

You smiled, thinking about how you upgraded from asshole, to the man of your dreams. Freddy was a total upgrade. You were eager to see how the night would go.

You gripped Freddy's hand as you said, "Well, I'm ready whenever you are. Where are we going again?"

He smiled and said, "If I told you, then it wouldn't be a surprise." You tugged on his arm, saying, "Then let's go! I'm super excited!"

Freddy's heart jumped at your excitement, he grabbed your hand and lead you to his car, opening the passenger side for you. You happily got into his car... and it smells like him!

You indulge in Freddy's scent, seeing him jump into the driver's seat. You two buckled up and started going down the road. Soft music played from the radio as you rode next to Freddy.

He then placed his hand on your thigh and you placed your hand on top of his. He glanced at you and you gave him a smile. He softly sighed, feeling a warm, fuzzy feeling spread in his chest.