Chapter 2: No More Running, An Interesting Offer

() Author notes

** emotion, timeskips, location

"" '' air quotes

[] Letter reading

Cataclysm Spell casting

_______________________________________________________________________________________

*Kuoh Academy Student Council Office*

*1st pov*

Sona: *stern* Ah, good. You're awake. Then you can explain a few things to me.

I looked over to see Sona was sitting at her desk with Tsubaki, Saji, and the rest of her student council at her side.

(Y): *sighs* Seems we both have some skeletons in the closet.

Sona: *stern* Perhaps we should both come clean then. I'll go first then. I'm sure you already know something about the Supernatural, at the very least, that it exists.

(Y): More than you know.

Sona: *stern* Then for the sake of saving us both some time, why don't you tell me all that you do know so far?

(Y): *sighs* I know that angels, devils, and fallen angels exists, I know that God, Satan, and all the other deities exist, including other pantheons, and I know that to all of them, humans are just some toy for them to mess with and do whatever they want with us.

Sona: *stern* You seem to know quite a lot then, however you seem to be misinformed on one part. It is true that there are those out there who see humans as pathetic and worthless, but for some of us, our powers draw from humans' belief in our kind. Humans may not be as powerful as devils, angels and the like, but they are still very important to our survival. So you know of our existence, but what else do you know?

(Y): *stern* More than I want to, and I'm guessing less than I need to.

Sona: *nods* I'm afraid at this point, yes. After last night's battle, you've become highly involved with our affairs, whether or not if it was your intent.

(Y): *smirks* And what makes you so sure that wasn't my intent?

Sona: *stern* Something about you running away the second you were noticed, and then came back as some....creature.

(Y): *sighs* Then you met him.

Sona: *stern* We will discuss about "him" later, there is still more I need to inform you on.

(Y): *nods* Of course, carry on then.

Sona: *stern* Right. You know our existence, but I'm afraid you don't know our current predicament. Thousands of years ago, what some will consider the beginning of time, a great war broke out between the factions of the Angels, the Devils, and the Fallen Angels. It was a time of great loss for all of us, more so than it seems we even know about. Because apparently, towards the end of the great war, along with the Great Satans, the Biblical God had been killed.

(Y): *confused* Satans? And God is dead?

Sona: *stern* Indeed, in our society, we have multiple leaders who earn the title "Satan Class" and as such, are also respectable leaders within our society. Everything we devils do here in the human world must be approved of by our leaders, normally the ones who watch over our groups.

(Y): *stern* Then I'm to assume that both the Student Council and the Occult Research Club are all devils?

Sona: *nods* Correct. In fact, to be more specific, both the Council and the ORC are two separate peerages, each with their respective Kings and each member having a specific ranking. You see, in Devil society, we work on a peerage system, in which high ranking devils are given the title of "King" and are able to form our own peerage by enlisting other devils to join us. *pulls out a red King chess piece* As the leader of my peerage, I am the King. *pulls out other chess pieces* As you see here, I have a Knight, a Rook, a Bishop, and 1 Pawns available. These pieces resemble the spots I have available in my peerage. Currently, I have 3 Pawns, a Knight, a Rook, a Bishop, and a Queen in my peerage.