Welcome home | Johnnyboy

PONYBOYS POV

I walk in the house after going to the hospital to visit Johnny. "He wasn't there." I close the door. "The nurse said he got discharged early. I passed by the lot but he wasnt there either. He might be at his house but I was afraid to stop by there." Darry and soda stand there grinning ear to ear. "What?" I look at them confused.

Soda motions towards the couch and darry looks at it.

I pause for a moment. I hear a familiar giggle and I quickly look at the couch. Johnny. "Its johnny." He stands up. "Its Johnny....its Johnny.. ITS JOHNNY OH MY GOD!" I smile amd start jumping. "JOHNNYYY!" I run up to him and hug him tight. "ITS JOHNNY ITS JOHNNY!" I jump up and down with him in my arms.

He giggles again. "Be careful-"

I tackle him onto the couch and sit ontop of him. I smile more. "EEEEE!" I kiss all over his face. I feel his face get warm beneath my lips. I stop and look at him. His face is bright red. "I missed you." I keep smiling.

"I missed you too." He holds my face.

I stare at him. This Is the best day of my life. I lean down and kiss him. He smiles and kisses back.

I didn't mean to kiss him... I just did. But im not complaining.

I stop and pull away. "Y-you really missed me, huh?" He smirks trying to hide his nervousness.

"Yup."

"Well-" Darry says. "I knew he was gonna be happy... just not that happy."

"Uh-huh.." Soda looks at us.

"What?" I look back, confused.

"Nothin.." he goes into the kitchen.

"Yeah...." darry follows. "We missed ya johnnycake." He yells.

"I'm aware." He yells back. I laugh and look at him. "I missed that laugh."

"Shut up." I kiss him again.

(325 words)

That was not intentional...

-your new mom 💋