The Store Aisle

My fading red hair is twisted in my hands as I talk with Nora when I find myself wondering, "What if I actually redye my hair? Maybe do an underneath dye this time."

"I think that dyeing your hair anymore will affect your brain,"

"Okay, I'm gonna do it, anywhore I'll call you when I'm done — I'm going to surprise you with the color so don't ask," When i hang up I grab some flannel pants and a white crop top and head out.

"Keys, Keys, Keys, where are you," I searched my purse, then pulled them out, turned the key, and started my car. The Walmart is only around 10 minutes away, so it should not take me too long to get there.

A quiet sound of music is playing in the background as I look around the city. I was originally thinking of doing blue hair, but now I'm really thinking of red. The weather is nice tonight, so I park farther away than usual as I pull-in.

Once I'm out, I check that it's locked by listening for the beep twice. I walk over to Walmart's aisle five, almost by memory, squat down, and look at the dye, turning my head as I hear a lot of laughter.

"Come on Peej you gotta go big or go home," The boy grabs a hot pink bottle of dye and I internally cringe, That dye is going to suck. His face was buried in his hands as he shook his head.

A loud voice greeted me. "Hey, you little red!" I looked over to the guy. "Yeah?" I replied quickly.

"You know you seem like you know how to dye hair. Could you please dye his?" I laughed and looked at the box of dye in my hand. Do I have anything else to do? Actually not really no.

I chip in, "Yes sure I can do that, just not with that dye; if you want it in hot pink, you're going to need bleach." I pause scanning for the dye I used when I went pink, "Oh, here it is!" he grabs it out of my hands "I'm Baylen."

"I'm Everest nice to meet you, we can do this at my house if you want," I grab my red dye then start walking. "Oh and this is Lil Peej he's the person your going to dye," I looked at the boy whose cheeks are red then I saw a camera

"You a YouTuber or something," He laughed and nodded his head as we went to check out. I grabbed the dye and purchased it with mine. "You don't have to pa-" I laughed as I took my card out "Oh little too late,"

"Now I ask someone to accompany me to my house in my car because I'm afraid of being killed." Baylen dragged Lil Peej towards me, and I instructed him to follow me to my car before shouting at the other two, "Follow me or call your friend to go to my house."

I hop into the car and start to pull out "So why the change in hair Peej?" He has a small smile on his face as he starts to explain "I'm a rapper and I thought well I need something to be seen as different, so this is my different,"

I hum in response and make a turn to get on the main road "So what do you do for a living?" I let out a small laugh at his attempt at small talk "Well for my main job I'm an editor for multiple ad companies, but I love to volunteer in my main time,"

"That's cool, I've always wanted to volunteer, but I don't have time," I nod. "I think if I was really interested I would find the time,"

"Oh wow that was fast, were already at my house could you grab the bag for me?" He nods and grabs it as we walked up to my house with baylen following. "If you guys want food or anything feel free to grab some if not I will take you to the bathroom to start on the hair,"

A little bit later after I get everything mixed I sat Peej in a chair as I sit on the counter. "Now this will itch as it sits but you can't touch it cause you don't have gloves, if it starts to burn you need to let me know,"

I start to apply it till I realized we were going to need more, "Hey Baylen could you go run and grab two more boxes?" He nodded and runs out with the camera guy

"Okay so I'm done with the bleach but it needs to sit for a bit," I watch as he wiggles around because of the bleach. I take my hands and start to massage his head, he lets out a sigh of relief and pushed his head back.

"Thank you it feels so nice," I let out a small of course "Do you have a number or something so we could maybe stay in touch?"

"Smooth guy huh, but yeah I do," I continue to give him my number. I keep rubbing his head to help with the itching. "You know I'm glad I meant you today," I smiled and asked "Whys that,"

"Cause all my hair would've fallen out if baylen did it," I started to laugh until I got a call. "Could you answer and put it on speaker?" he nodded and did just that

"Evi! You wouldn't guess what I did at school today!" I laughed at the 12-year-old and responded "What did you do today liv?"

"I aced my test! All thanks to you! Thank you thank you thank you!" she ends with it squealing making peej hold the phone back a bit

"Liv you did that on your own, now I got to go but I will see you soon to help again bye so so proud of you!" I have Peej hang up and he looks back at me smiling

"Who was that?" I smile and flip his head back so it's straight while still rubbing it "Her names liv she one of the kids I help tutor she's a little misunderstood and just needed a leg up," He nodded and I noticed his hair was ready to wash

I swing my legs so there together and hope off the sink to lean his head back into it. I start to rinse as I caught him looking at me and sticking his tongue out. I splash him with a little bit of water and we both laugh

"Im Back Bitches!"

Author Notes : please leave comments on the book, first chapter for Peej and Everest i can't want to see how their relationship grows!